Air Compressor Question

ADVmaker what I did and is working with VERY LITTLE testing, since each compressor has a magnetic pressure switch to energize the motor starters.

Disclaimer: I did this myself and do not recommend it unless you also have a converted goat shed or chicken coup.

I pulled a 15 amp circuit off each leg of my 220V supply, ran the wires just like I was hard wiring the compressors only thing different was I used only 1 of the pressure switches to “switch the hot wire” of both, thus one switch turns on both compressors. They don’t overload a typical “garage circuit” because they each are separate 15 amp ones.

So far it hasn’t hurt the magnetic switch, which is rated at 220V (I guess 1 switch used for all the cheap compressors they made for Harbor freight and Northern tool, it’s easier to have 1 part number than 2) and I have a spare one

They both come on and act together to fill a “common” 60 gallon chamber by equalizing pressure between the 2

No issues yet with Motor starters and they IIRC are also rated at 220V

Will it blow up? Dunno…IF ANYONE THINKS THIS MIGHT BE A RALLY BAD IDEA>>>PLEASE SPEAK UP

I am not licensed to legally do anything…but I do it anyways :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

and no we do not have code/permits etc in BFE, except secret handshake for cold beer :shushing_face:

:beers:

ETA, I did check for a hot condition with a meter and A non-contact voltage tester

3 Likes