Air Compressor Question

I have a 60 gal not hooked up yet but that’s all you need

I would size your compressor for almost continous use of a paint gun, they are usually the biggest air hogs.

Also the next thing you may want after the plasma table is a sandblasting cabinet. They eat air like crazy too.

After all it would be nice to paint your creations after they are made.

4 Likes

!this is what I’m running
Works flawless. And DRY AIR!:+1:

image|375x500

1 Like

PWCNC,
Would like to add one eventually… Where did you get it? Cost?

1 Like

AMAZON
Has them
Have paint shop friends that have used it non stop in a retail repair setting all year painting everyday and have not have moisture issues.

They replace the descant in that type of use about twice a year. The cartridges are 80.00 a pop.
So I assume with my non production use
Nothing like they are doing, I should be good all year if not 2-3 years on one cartridge.

I drain my tanks though everyday. At the end of the day.
And start them back up every morning.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000UZSJQM?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

I got my for 391.91. There was a 20.00 discount with one of the sellers?
This weighs about 35-40 lbs and needs to be mounted securely. It’s very well built!
It’s got 1/2 NPT. Females and is about 24” tall and about 6-8 “ in Dia. It’s BEEFY!!!
I found everything to fit it to my 1” PEX PIPING.
At LOWES
https://www.amazon.com/DeVilbiss-130504-Replacement-Desiccant-Cartridge/dp/B000O3IGN6/ref=pd_aw_fbt_263_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000O3IGN6&pd_rd_r=9918c600-2d4d-11e9-9383-b9ef8e54b940&pd_rd_w=UzRcB&pd_rd_wg=CLIZA&pf_rd_p=b98fa1a4-6e6e-4981-835c-7fb29e0f4dd2&pf_rd_r=BTHR0S1RYVN54S770MEK&psc=1&refRID=BTHR0S1RYVN54S770MEK

2 Likes

I used to use desiccant in-line before paint guns, but was draining a lot of water from my tank (not a good thing).
Here was my fix (at the end of this link). The desiccant could still remain in the line, it’d just last forever!

1 Like

As a noob to plasma cutting I wanted you opinions on this compressor.

I have RazonWeld 30 FYI. I think the answer is no on this compressor but wanted to ask anyway as its in the price point I wanted to spend.

Thanks!

Nothing but DRY AIR.
And lot plenty of capacity. / volume

1 Like

I’m using the DeWalt 60 gallon 240 volt compressor with air dryer and filter.

I have used EPAuto 12V air compressor it is at far the best one I have come across.
https://amzn.to/2PKaBil
If you want other products reviews then here it is Best Portable Air Compressor Reviews

also Dead Trigger 2 MOD APK 2020 V 1.6.2 Hungry Shark World MOD APK V3.6.0

image can anyone tell me what this fitting size should be. I thought 3/4, but I cannot get it to stop leaking? Maybe a suggestion for something to seal it better than thread seal tape. Thanks Dave.

It looks like you may be trying to put a machine thread fitting into a pipe thread female. Just a guess.
Machine threads are commonly used for hydraulics.

2 Likes

I just got a Dewalt DXCM601 and the threads on the air output port were very rough. The nipple I used to pipe into it didn’t turn a very satisfying number of turns. I think there may be paint inside. I haven’t fired it up yet, but I did use Rectorseal 5 on the threads so I hope it doesn’t leak. Might be we need to chase the threads before we get tight fits… I’ll update when I fire it up (waiting on anti-vibration pads).
PS: to answer your question, yes, it is a 3/4NPT fitting.

Hey Dave, looking at your set up, I think you really want to come off the compressor with 1/2" fittings if your line into the plasma cutter is 1/4" go to that right in front of it.
1/4" with a quick disconnect is asking for trouble down the line. Go off the compressor with 1/2" and put together a home made manifold with one line reduced close to and just before the plasma cutter. Then if you want to add something else you can go down to 3/8" and have a plugged fitting ready to go. Don’t be afraid to use plastic, it works pretty good but copper is better.
Just a thought.

Thanks for the info/advice. I just ordered some rectorseal 5. Cheers, Dave

I have the same compressor and noted the same on those threads. I have a steel plug 3/4 MNPT I used to chase the threads and they’re much better now. FWIW, I’m using anti-vibration pads I cut from common 4 x 6 stall mats (recycled rubber).

1 Like

UPDATE: I was finally able to fire it up yesterday and I’m happy to say that the pressure is holding steady since yesterday afternoon without any additional attention.

Now if Amazon can get the correct Whip hose to me so I can hook it up to the rest of my system…

I just got a Kobalt 80 gal, 5 hp, still setting it up ( oil fill plug was missing).
It is still on the pallet as I’m trying to decide where it’s final home will be.
I can’t find a clear answer of leaving it on the pallet vs bolting to the floor. My limited time running breaking in (until I realized the fill plug was missing) seemed to run fine on the pallet.
Any problems anyone knows of leaving it on the pallet for a while?

Mine has been on the pallet for going on 5 years now. A couplie times i moved it it slid pretty easy, Its a 60 gallon. Doesnt vibrate or move any.

2 Likes