Adding cooldown pauses in SheetCAM

Here’s a sheetcam forum post I just solved. You might find this helpful to reduce heat distortion.

https://forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php?t=9085

2 Likes

One of the perks of Sheetcam is that you can add a pause at the end of each cut loop. I don’t do it for thermal distortion, but I have a short pause to catch any tip ups on all of my cuts.

2 Likes

Right, that’s what I’m doing. I’m finding SheetCAM more and more useful as I figure out how to use it. The rules (like slowing down for small holes and shapes) and piercing at hole centers are great features.

3 Likes

I have said this for a long time…
Fusion is a great program…but Sheetcam is a great CAM software…very fluid and easy from what I have worked with…

2 Likes

SheetCAM’s cut control is far superior to Fusion’s CAM, as I’m learning. There are plenty of bugs but I’m learning how to deal with them. I’ve spent a least 20 hours in the past couple weeks fooling with SheetCAM to have it produce a good CAM file for Firecontrol. SheetCAM’s docs are a little weak and a lack of YT videos doesn’t help either. For me next design, I’ll create some videos.

1 Like

you do know that the developer Les is here on the forum from time to time… @LesNewell he can address concerns you might have…

1 Like

@LesNewell quickly helped with my questions at the SheetCAM forum.

1 Like

they are a good bunch there…

1 Like