A hardware change maybe?

I bought my Pro back when they first became available. Bought it for retirement and now I have finally retired I am unboxing and assembling. So far everything has been spot on with the downloaded instructions and table assembly. I am now at the point to install the electronics enclosure onto the table. The instructions call for 3 sheet metal screws and 3 “plastic” washers in bag 22. My bag 22 has the 3 screws and 3 “metal” washers. In the years since I bought the machine I have been lurking around here on the forum reading things. I think I remember reading something about electronic interference in the way the electronics enclosure is grounded to the table. If that was the case, is that the reason for the plastic washers? I can run down to the hardware store and find me some plastic washers if that is a change since I originally bought my machine.

Hey Don!!! Yes… You definately want to isolate the electronics enclosure from the rest of the table … If I were you, I’d run down to the local hardware and pick up a few plastic washers for sure.

Any other questions? Just ask away!! Happy Assembling!!

1 Like

I think they use a shoulder washer with a step in them otherwise the edge of the enclosure will touch the sheet metal screws.

1 Like

I thought the “shoulder” was on the plastic strip behind the enclosure when installing… Not 100% sure here though… I opted to not mount my electronics to the table at all… Very nice!!

1 Like

That plastic strip is the update to prevent contact with the table frame. They also drilled out the holes in the enclosure to fit the shoulder on the plastic strip. He probably doesn’t have that strip of plastic.

2 Likes

You are correct the is a plastic strip used as an isolator. So he needs one or the other.

Thanks for the quick replys. No, I did not have a plastic isolator strip to go between the box and the frame. I’m pretty handy around my shop and with a trip to the hardware store for a couple items I think I have completely isolated the enclosure from the frame. I will verify that with my meter today. Thank you for confirming my thoughts on that. I am moving forward.

3 Likes