4x4 CrossFire Pro

I figured this might be a helpful topic for everyone. I got my Crossfire Pro running back in March but decided to try making some money with it in June building firepits and hand sanitizer stands… I quickly found myself wishing I had a bigger table especially moving 3/16 4x8 sheets around it would be great not to have to constantly be indexing.

I started gathering stuff for this back in august just haven’t had the time to take the machine down to do the upgrade.

I found a local shop that has a metal brake big enough to bend up a new water table 52 1/4 x 52/14. The cost was about $160… no more seem!

I was originally going to just build off the existing table but decided for a couple of reasons it would be easier to just build from the ground up. 2x2 14Gauge 96 feet Cost $282 (I have a good bit leftover)

The upper rail Is 2x2 Galvanized that was expensive since I had to buy the entire 24ft length for $130.

This is where some people might have a hard time. You need a longer lead screw cut and turned so if you dont have a Lathe you might be stuck. I uped the thickness to 1/2 so I also needed a new lead nut. You should be looking for 1/2" 5 Start.

As of this post, I have not finished the project but will keep the thread updated as I go.

15 Likes

Nice start. I only wish I had the space for one that size and the lifting assist equipment to get sheets of steel up there :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Im pushing it here on my size but it should work. Up until a couple of years ago we never had a forklift. I don’t know what id do without a lift

1 Like

I use a cherry picker hoist to move large pieces (engine hoist) works good.

@rccrazy30, Any update on your 4x4 Pro build? Would love to see pics? Thanks.

I’m considering expanding my Pro as well, any progress on this yet?

Sorry Guys. The table has been working great! I slowed down a little bit on building fire pits so I haven’t done too much cutting. But the first project I took on after completing the build was to build a Goblet Firepit. This thing takes up every bit of a 4x4 sheet.

Just ordered the XR so when that comes in I’m planning on selling this table if anyone on the east coast is interested.

Also, I have what is left of the Pro table before I take it apart or turn it into something else if someone wants to buy it let me know.

4 Likes

@rccrazy30 Where did you source your new lead screws and nuts from?

I found them on Ebay

When you went to the 1/2” lead screws does that affect your travel of x and y. Like is one inch on 3/8” lead screw still the same as one inch with a 1/2” lead screw

3/8-8 4 start and 1/2-10 5 start lead screws both provide .5" movement per revolution.

2 Likes

Hey rccrazy30 just curious if you sold your 4x4 set up yet

Fantastic work. So, FireControl handles the larger table no problem???

Sorry, not on here much. I ended up keeping and canceling my XR order. The price of steel kind of ruined the fire pit business, which is fine; it more than paid for the table. I’m starting up again with some different projects; if it works, I’ll move up to the XR table.

1 Like

That is correct; it has no software limit, as far as I know.

1 Like

ever sell this table? got a complete build list? looking to to the same thing