45XP machine torch and hand remote

Hey all,

Among a few other issues to get my table running, I need to get the hypertherm and crossfire talking through the CPC port. Hypertherm supplied a handheld remote along with the machine torch for use with a bug-o or something similar, which has two wires running to the male CPC plug. Am I right to assume that I can plug these two wires into the two-wire torch on/off harness (that langmuir supply’s when no plasma cutter is ordered with the table, just two spade connectors and a barrel connector on the other end) in order to fire the torch? Seems like the crossfire would be performing the same action as the handheld switch unit, just wanted to see what the community thinks and shoot maybe this topic already has a few threads. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Although I am not familiar with that device, this is what pins are used from the typical CPC plug for the Hypertherm 45XP. Two are for on/off for the torch and the other two are for the DIV box. The two torch wires go directly to the enclosure box attached to the table. You might be able to trace your wires.

Here is where the DIV cable attaches. A separate cable goes from the box to the enclosure box. Since you are using the CPC port you would use the DIV Input and DIV Output and disregard the other connections on this DIV box. The DIV Output will go to the THC socket at the enclosure.

You won’t get anything with a spade connection but the torch on/off is simple to splice and has no polarity to it. The one you need more consideration is the one that is connecting to the THC (assuming that you are getting the active z-axis). If you are not getting the THC then you would have no worries there either.

1 Like