3d printed Z axis cover

Someone posted a version of this on Facebook a few days ago and I liked the idea, so I came up with my own version.

It clips onto the rear of the Z axis and covers the sides. The only disassembly necessary is to disconnect the IHS wires and feed them through the slots after installation. You also need to temporarily remove the screw and clamp holding the IHS wires on the back of the Z axis, to allow room for installation of the cover.

The STL file can be dowloaded from Thingiverse here Langmuir Z axis cover by starrcycles - Thingiverse

The cover was designed to fit above the water shield that is also shown in the pictures. If you don;t have that shield, the cover will be a few millimeters short.

I’m considering making a version of the water shield that includes the side covers and doesn’t go around the back of the Z axis.

5 Likes

Version 2.0 combines the lower water shield and the side covers into a cover that slides onto the lower plate from the front. Machine torch only. This will not work with a hand torch.

STL file available here Langmuir Crossfire Z axis water shield v2 by starrcycles - Thingiverse

7 Likes