2d Entry positions (problems picking them Fusion)

So I am trying to pick better entry positions on the drawing. This first snip shows where the line turns black and I can place the entry anywhere on that black line. That is perfect!!!

Now I move on to the next one I want to change and the line will not turn black, but I was able to find a point and select that and that is close to where I want it. Ok that will work

So now I get here and my only choices are in the corner and that’s no good. How can I get them all to have a black line like the first snip?

Here is the file
Spiderman Facemask v1.f3d (1.9 MB)

only straight line, 3 point arcs, or circles will turn black for other geometry you will have to create points in the design workspace.

I can show you this technique later day but it involves using the line and break tools to create new point along the path. then when you extrude a body from that profile there will be a facet.

I would also encourage you to turn on design history in your files.

1 Like

Ok let me play with it and see if I can learn something.
I have design history turned on in my preferences. I downloaded this drawing does, that make a difference on design history?

Started here How to Use the Break Command in Fusion 360 - YouTube Then started playing around and think I have it. Took me awhile but I think its read to cut have a look.
Spiderman Mask Final v1.f3d (1.7 MB)
Still have to look a design history and see why its not showing(not even sure how to turn it on and off. Just saw it was on in preferences)

Let me know what you think and if you like it I will mark it Solved. This came from fireshare do you think I should re-upload the cleaned up copy?

2 Likes

looks good and fusion is happy! solved for sure.

Uploading a Fusion Friendly file is a good call.

1 Like