2d cutting profile

I’ve uploaded a few dxf files now. Only one tht I was able to get all the way through with it. all the others when I get to the select contour part to select the cut lines, some lines work fine but other ones instead of the whole line being highlighted it’s only doing sections of the line

Ya, that happens sometimes, close the file, close fusion and open them up again and they should be all glued together for one cut path.

Ok thanks. I will try that but what throws me off with that response is it’s multiple different files doing the same thing. I will try that for sure but is there a way I can keep it from happening in the future

I am not very comp savvy but my theory is while on your screen it is just a bunch of lines and stuff, when you save it all gets glued together before it gets put away in the closet. Then when you go to do cut paths it is one unit.

Yea I’m not either and honestly it’s making the whole process a pain but thanks for helping me out

I’m still having the same problem with the lines not being whole it’s just sections of it. And I doing something wrong?

Install the sketch checker extension…You have a break somewhere and fusion thinks it’s a line not a closed detail.The extension will show you where the breaks are.I usually load up a dxf then run sketch checker right after…after fixing all the breaks I’ll extrude the drawing then when creating your 2d toolpath and it asks you to select geometry you will just have to click somewhere on the body of the drawing one time and all the cuts will be selected and most of the time I dont have to go back in and change directions of the cuts.Try this in that order and see how it works for you.

1 Like

Where do I find the sketch checker extension