14 gauge mild. Had some of the cleanest cuts yet on 14ga

Ended up with some pretty clean pretty good tolerance 14 gauge mild steel parts today.

I wish I would have took a picture of the back side almost zero dross after the cut.

I use a standard 45amp shielded consumable pack with the settings straight out of hypertherms cut chart.

They use the exact same leaf shape cut the inside for the holes and the outside for a few extra leaves that are going to be tacked on the outer layer. the fit between the two was crazy tight.

When’s this piece gets installed I will post some of those pics too.

5 Likes

amazing cuts…not even a pierce mark…no lead in…or lead out…super nice cuts…and nice patina work…

3 Likes

I am using a lot of no lead in settings as well. Beautiful cuts. I know you said your using a 45amp consumable. Are you cutting at 45 amps?

Yes I ran these cuts at 45 amps.

I did have lead-ins and lead outs, these were cut as a outside in an inside piece.

The outside shape and the inside shape did fit perfect though.

That makes a bit more sense. On 16 gauge I am getting away with no lead ins. I was hesitant to do it on 14 gauge hence why I was curious what ur cut amperage was. My day is now complete. I have learned something new. Lol.

3 Likes

Are you using sheetcam and can you post a screenshot of all your settings?

1 Like

I am not using sheetCAM. I use Fusion 360 CAM

I almost exclusively run the settings straight from the hypertherm 85manual.

Beautiful work. It’s also great to know that such clean cuts are possible.