10 Month Review of my Everlast PowerPlasma 82i CNC PAC

I upgraded the Plasma cutter on my I’ve been using this new power source for 10 months now. Here is a video with my thoughts and a couple sample cuts that will blow your mind. This is the Hypertherm Killer. 10 Month Review and Example cut video
Link to the plasma cutter I have

5 Likes

Everlast for the money is hard to beat.

The new “I” series products are very legit.

Nice uncut video.

3 Likes

Do you get good consumables life?

1 Like

Consumable life is about the same as it was with my Razorweld except they cost less. I’m always switching tips and almost never run a set of tips their entire life with out changing them. I would say I get about 200 pierces per set. A set of consumables cost $3.90… Here is a link to the place I get my consumables. Most of the time they have coupon codes availibe on top of their great prices. Where to purchase consumables for your Everlast Power Plasma 82i

The Hypertherm Powermax 85 now has a cartridge consumable that cost $53.00 each!!!

I can run a 33" x 48" sheet of 1/4" thick plate with a ton of parts without burning threw a set of consumables. At $3.90 per set I could get much shorter life out of them and still be happy. :slight_smile:

I am using xp30 mostly on 14 /16 over 3000 pierces 3 maybe 4 …4/8 sheets. Same consumables, I think I’m just lucky . Only a couple bad cuts but that was operator error,

I have a 62i…and I found a huge…and I mean huge increase in pierces with super dry air…

right now I am running a 60 gallon compressor that goes from compressor to tank…then through a refrigerated dryer to s second 60 gallon tank then it goes through a desiccant beaded unit then through a motor guard filter…I am getting well over 350 on the average.

when the shop is finished I will have a air cooler with auto drains installed between the compressor and the first tank…then keep the remaining setup as described…I knopw this will work as I just recently removed my copper air cooler due to shop renovations and I was getting close to 450 pierces at that point.

6 Likes

Hey man I’m sorry to bother you but I just bought the Everlast 82i with the IPT80 torch and I had a couple questions about it

1. Do you have a cut chart or know where I can find one

2. What tips should I be using

3. What’s the kerf width of this torch

4. What’s the cut height and pierce height

5. What air pressure are you running

I’ve been running the razorweld and it’s been good but it can’t keep up it over heats on me thank you for your time

been a long time Ozzy…
so let us start by saying the little magnifying glass on the top right of the forum can help you alot in finding your answers…but i will help you with a lot of the stuff you are looking for.

1. search the forum for everlast cut chart…there is one out there…but all cut charts are guidelines and need to be tweaked by the user to refine your cuts.

2. tips use is depending on amps being run on the plasma…and what thickness of metal you are cutting…

3. kerf width is also dependent of the size of tips you are using…the amps being used…and the air pressure…once you start your cutting you will learn and be able to measure your kerf for the different tips sizes.

4. cut and pierce height are all over the forum…

5. air pressure…the 82i if I am not mistaken has a pressure gauge recommended setting on the front of the unit…a light bar shows the best pressure to be at

1 Like

Yeah tired the look it up and nothing was helping that’s why I asked but thankfully Richard becks messaged me and helped me out a lot. I did do a test cut with it this afternoon and the cut quality was nice the only thing I didn’t like/ figure out yet is why my cut piece is smaller then what I drew up is that due to kerf width I drew up a 1-1/2”x 1-1/2” square and it’s about a 1/16 is that because my kerf is set to small so it cut more metal then I was thinking kerf width is set to .045

1.0mm/50 amp, 1.1mm/60 amp, 1.2mm/70 amp and 1.3mm/80 amp.

You could use these cut charts to help up to 60 amps

This chart is a very good starting point for an 82i
Everlast PowerPlasma 82i cut chart.pdf (47.1 KB)
Cut height. 06
Kerf .057 @ 40amp tip
Pierce height .16
Air pressure @75 psi

1 Like