What do you think the thickest material is that you can cut regularly on 110volt

If using 110 volts , How far ( thickness wise ) can you go with routine cutting - before you think you should really rewire for 220?

Im guessing it would depend on the brand , amps of the cutter. I would think they all vary some. But just my thoughts.

I have a Shopiron cut30 that will cut 3/8 on 110v. Pretty nice cut. A friend bought some weirder named 50 amp, on 110 that didnt do so well on the same peice of metal. Cutting with a hatchet woulda been a nicer cut. Thats what im basing my thoughts on.

wow that is shocking. but then again , I have heard some cutters doing a nice job… period and others hacking away regardless of amps… So, the questions is your friend’s weird named rig going to cut decent at 240? my guess is it will not. but very nice that yours can burn at 110. so the answer is yeah if you have a decent rig.
thanks

I will cut 1-2 mm mostly - and occasionally 1/4 or 3/8

He had to wire his own plug and cord to the machine, said he will leave 110 because he wont use it much. Hoping for more imput on the subject.

Depends on what size circuit breaker you have.
You can do 3/8 but you would need a 30amp 110v breaker. (more than likely)
I’d keep it to 3/16" or under

1 - 2 mm max running 20 amp