Tube Clamp for fabricators

Heres one for the fabricators out there. I made a couple of these years ago and they are a great help on rollcages when refining notches or when you just need an extra hand!

http://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/tube-clamp

Buyout list:
1/2-13x1" hex bolt Qty:1
1/2-13x3" full thread hex bolt Qty:4
1/2-13 hex nut Qty:5

Note: The hook shaped parts are offset. be sure to keep them paired together during assembly.
This is designed to be cut from 1/4" material.

Enjoy! :beers:

7 Likes

I’m toying with putting a cage in my Triumph GT6. I’ll keep this in mind!

Now you need to move onto building a rotary for the machine so we can cut fishmouths.

2 Likes

That would be an interesting cage build. Not much room! lol

I wish I knew more about the controls side of things. Being able to plasma tube notches would be amazing.

What gauge metal do you think would be good?

sorry I should probably put that in the description. This is designed to be made from 1/4"

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! this is great!

1 Like

Love it! Thank you for sharing. I saw SWAG just come out with some similar ones and when I saw theirs, I knew i could easily make my own. And now I don’t even have to draw them up…Awesome!

1 Like

Yep When i saw the swag one I knew i should dig up my files and share them with you guys. Fun easy project that is really handy in the shop!

I have been trying to dream up a plasma tube noting setup… I think I am close. just have to build and test. it will be a manual rotated jig. notching is the worst part about making anything from tube

Cool idea! This could be really useful for holding the tubing while welding tacks.

My only comment/question is on the width of the key ways. You have them sized exactly 1/4" wide and are using 1/4" material. Wouldn’t you want to add a 1/32" or so to the width of the keyway so there is a little bit of clearance for the 1/4" material to slide in? If it is the exact width of the material I could see the key ways not seating properly and being a pain to join together. I might be wrong though. Have you tried building it yet?

I always build the slots tight and file to fit for a nice tight assembly and tight small gap for Tig welding.

Gotcha. I haven’t really welded keyed components before but that makes sense. I’m eager to get my cutter running to try some of this stuff!