Mach 4 software?

Has anyone used Mach 4 with their crossfire? I’m interested to hear peoples results

Following this post. We haven’t gotten m3 yet so we’re trying to see if m4 is the better route. I’m assuming the mach3 / crossfire config would be compatible with mach4?

I’m wondering the same before I pull the trigger on Mach 3

Langmuir should be weighing in but I recall a post that said they picked 3 because of some stability issues in Mach 4.

You probably want to download the demo version of 4 and install the plugin to see if it works before buying the license.

First post here…

My buddies and I are wondering the same thing about Mach 4 software. It seems Mach 3 has run its course and there will be no future growth or updates.

Can someone from LangMuir comment on this topic? Is there a reason to NOT use Mach 4?

I would like to understand this as well, prior to purchasing Mach3.

@langmuirsystems

Mach 3 has a dated interface but from my experience it just works…It is a small part of the process.

I understand that Mach3 is sufficient for this CNC machine. my question and concern stems from Mach3 not being supported in the near future by ArtSoft. I for one would rather not buy software to have it be obsoleted months or weeks after the purchase…

just a question, one I would like to hear input from @langmuirsystems on.

I would like to know what the word on this topic. Its getting close to my demo period being up and need to purchase one. Hate to buy an outdated software.

Hi guys, our motion control board is only compatible with Mach3.

1 Like

Thank you @langmuir-daniel

Do you happen to know if there are plans to update to Mach 4, and if there are will be able to update older machines?

Are there plans to update the motion cards for use with Mach4? I just ordered my crossfire today, and I’m wondering if I should hold-off on purchasing Mach3 or just bite the bullet and buy it.

Thanks in advance.
Iz

No current plans to update to Mach4 - we haven’t tested it extensively with our control board, and then there’s all the tutorials to update. That said if you’d like to give it a try, we can refund you the cost of Mach3 and you can purchase it directly from ArtSoft.

No - that’s fine. Mach3 will meet my needs. I was just trying to stay current. Thank you for the quick answer. In fact, I’ll need to add Mach3 to my order.

It’s available to add as a single item now - https://store.langmuirsystems.com/collections/add-ons/products/mach-3-control-full-version