Laptop specs provided with system

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but can someone post the laptop specs provided with the system? The make, model, processor, operating system, and pre-loaded software would be helpful. Thanks

We discovered in testing that the Acer laptops we originally paired with the CrossFire were a bit underpowered for Fusion 360. As some of our customers intend to use the laptop for both CAD/CAM and Mach3 control, we decided to upgrade to a nicer machine. The laptop that has shipped with the B1 CrossFire is the Dell Inspiron 15 3000. It comes with a 15" screen, AMD A6 processor, Windows 10, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, and a more rugged body.

These laptops are brand new and have no additional software installed by us. All of the software needed can be installed on any computer via our Downloads.

3 Likes

I have the dell I bought from Langmuir. I bought it from you guys because I figured that would be the best way to ensure that I have the proper PC requirements. It only gets used for Mach3 and fusion 360, nothing else. No pics, no iTunes, no social media, nothing. Just whatā€™s needed to run my crossfire. Mach3 works just fine, no probs whatsoever. Whenever I try to open fusion 360, it either takes multiple tries because it times out, when successful it takes approximately 10 minutes to boot up the software. Once Iā€™m lucky enough to get into it, if I look at it funny it freezes and goes to ā€œnot respondingā€. I loaded the two software programs exactly as outlined in your tutorial videos, so Iā€™m certain itā€™s been loaded correctly.

Please advise, this is infuriating. Itā€™s made the machine a nightmare to use. And since itā€™s the laptop that Langmuir provided, there really shouldnā€™t be any reason that Fusion 360 is kicking itā€™s ass this bad. It shouldnā€™t take me 45 minutes and two reboots to cut a square plate with a simple bolt pattern

If you run Taskmgr and click More Details, what does it show for CPU, Memory & Disk usage? Something appears to be eating machine resources.

Is it downloading & installing a Windows update? Or an Anti-virus one? Or is anti-virus running a scan?

Have you left it on overnight so it can do the above and then try F360?

Just checked that. Itā€™s hovering between 80-99% cpu usage!! WTF? I just took this computer out of the box a week and a half ago and itā€™s been like this since I first powered it onā€¦ Iā€™ve literally done nothing but load Mach and fusion and thatā€™s it. My biggest power drains are something called .NET runtime optimization service, windows update orchestrator service, system, and windows search. Is it just a matter of leaving it on for awhile, or is there a way to clean all this up? When I go to the details tab in task manager Iā€™ve got a friggin TON of stuff running that I can imagine really needs to be on for what Iā€™m doing

Iā€™d leave it running overnight. I expect itā€™s doing one of Microsoftā€™s update & installs and cleanup. They really suck the life out of a machine.

You can change the update preferences to do that late at night when you wonā€™t be using the machine but if itā€™s not turned on then, it queues up until it just goes ahead and does it regardless of how you feel about it :slight_smile: They say itā€™s to make things better for you. (Their last update last week actually deleted peopleā€™s documents making things better, so take that with a grain of salt. They pulled it when they got the complaints and theyā€™ve fixed the problem but they screw up too.)

Well, I guess al I gotta do is walk away and sleep on it thenšŸ˜†. If nothing after that I guess Iā€™ll have to disable some startup items and see if it helps. Thanks

Howā€™s it look today?

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 - 15 laptop and it runs everything fine. At one point Fusion 360 told me that my video card might not be sufficient but I havenā€™t had any issues yet. But when I copy and paste large items it takes a long time for the object to paste. Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t go with the one they were offering originally. I wanted something I could use anywhere because Iā€™ve never had a laptop before

1 Like

I have the Dell laptop that came from Langmuir too and it is running like a tank. CPUs are maxed out and I have installed nothing on the system except Fusion 360 and itā€™s not able to run at all with any consistency. I am contemplating adding additional memory and an SSD drive to see if that resolves the issue.