Is anyones Fusion really bad today?

Mine takes forever to do any steps. Then shuts completley off when i extrude. Just wondering if it was just me or?

Fusion has Cloud Based; file storage, sharing, collaboration and high resolution image rendering services.

The day to day drawing, modelling, tool path creation and post process g code compiling are very much done locally on your own computer.

What specifications of system are you running? CPU, RAM, Operating System

How many other programs do you have open at the same time?

How much hard drive capacity do you have left?

windows 7 pro, intel i7-6700@3.40ghz, 16gb ram , ssd with 136 gb free, nvidia 1050 ti Tried with only Fusion open. Some reason the dxfs are causing it, Group of 10 all the same. maxing out fusion and usually closing it. Other dxf more complicated work fine. So I dono

Sounds like an issue with the file. That’s not a bad setup.

I had issues with SVGs that wouldn’t load but the same thing as a DXF worked.

james did your plasmaspider set work ok? That is the ones that is causing fits, I tried many others like the bear with bears n such all was super fast.

Your Computer is awesome!

So what your telling me is you are trying to import a .dxf image into fusion, then extrude it.

If your image is not “closed” it will not make a “body”. If you do not have a closed “body” the extrude command will fail. You can tell if a body is closed by hovering your mouse over it and it will light up blue. If it does not turn blue you will have to hunt for a break in the line.

Also images with too many segments will slow fusion right down to a crawl.
I have the old 2 Cylinder Deere Radiator logo… but its got so many segments (tons of dots everywhere) it is super slow to manipulate.

There closed. just lag out fusion. I got a few to tap files but takes forever ,

After trying it, its just a bad file with too many segments crammed into too small an area.

Even inkscape threw an error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “dxf_input.py”, line 530, in
inkex.errormsg((’%d ENTITIES of type POLYLINE encountered and ignored. Please try to convert to Release 13 format using QCad.’) % polylines)
NameError: name '
’ is not defined

Thanks I did get about…4 or 5 into taps today. good thing i work cheap.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that sometime when I have issues with loading fusions I just have to restart my computer. It seems like once I restart it, it has fusion run quicker and everything.

Never had an issue with fusion . Just a passle of files that dont want to play nice. All my others work great. Never had an issue untill i got these files i might say.