Cut paths or machine settings?

Have been using my table for a couple weeks and after some pretty good runs decided to pull down the Snowflake from the file share and run some pieces, the overall cuts are great but it looks like the torch cut into the body side of the reliefs vs starting in the holes–is this a cut path issue or something I am doing wrong on the settings? I’m not super experienced with all this so not sure…

Miller 375 - was run on 14ga sheet, 88ipm, 30amps, .045 kerf (based on what i’d seen here), most other settings were done via what I’d seen on the Langmuir vid’s

Lead in and out are set for outer contour. Edit your file and make sure the inner contours are traveling counter clockwise. Oh and just looked at your picture again and I see you have the inner and outer contours switched.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!, did the simulated run in Fusion and see exactly what you’re talking about, updated and posted, will give it a retry later today

can anyone tell me how to create the tool path so mach3 will load it with G code

The Langmuir site has a good video on how to do it. It’s definitely something you’ll want to watch someone do it first :slightly_smiling_face:

Then there are posts here with pictures & arrows.

One thing to be aware of is Fusion used to call the mode used to define toolpaths the “CAM” mode but changed it to “Manufacture” so don’t be confused when videos or directions refer to changing to CAM mode and you can’t find it in the Fusion menus - use Manufacture.

1 Like

@rattletrap start here:

Watch the rest of the Langmuir “CAM” tutorials, that one is the first of 5, you might have to watch some of them a couple times if things don’t make sense at first but it will and you’ll be up and cutting in no time. They have other tutorial vids on there also and they’re all worth watching.

Link to their fusion tutorials:

1 Like