Alternatives to Fusion 360?

I think I’ve got about 450 hours in that sopwith build… I think if I ever put that one in the ground that would probably be a pretty bad day emotionally LOL

Here’s a little bit better shot for scale with my grandson… It’s a 70cc gas 2 stroke

3 Likes

He says I am flying it!!!

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: for sure!!!

1 Like

Hell yeah, Cletus just loves those planes! Love the cars no less too. Only vintage car (sort of) I have now is the Land Rover Series 3. Once upon a time I restored a beautiful red Triumph Spitfire and a Suzuki GS650 Motorcycle.
Keep up the beautiful work man, and most of all enjoy! :beers:

2 Likes

If you’re a gun guy too, and drink bourbon, we may be related! :scream: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Some RC projects of mine:
My first ViperJet model along with a static model Triumph Bonneville on our club’s 360 ft runway when it was freshly paved.

And here’s my Kavan Bell Jet Ranger Built 1979 and rebuilt and in fast forward flight 2010 (original paintwork)

Here’s the maiden flight of my Ultra Viper https://youtu.be/IX2HslHAn64?si=VoHZ_YK-YiwFcVRq

Bergen Intrepid Turbine

Some R&D work on a Heavy-Lift Multi-Rotor with Bergen RC Helicopters (2013), under-slung load was a Sony Handy-Cam with hard-drive.

6 Likes

Hell yeah Cletus!! It’s all good as long as it has wheels! Unfortunately I’m not a bourbon guy but I absolutely am a gun nut to protect my little Yorkie as we have eagles in the area… And I think the Chinese will eventually try to invade us so I’m a little bit of a prepper although I haven’t dug a bunker yet LOL

Love to watch those Jets I regularly go over to the jet fly in at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base museum in Dayton. Saw a really beautiful f104 there I don’t know how those things fly they’ve got such short stubby wings I guess.

I tried a few helicopters but I’m really into the big scale gas planes. I have a carf extra with da100 if I want to go fast but honestly I’m getting old and like the Model A Ford I find myself enjoying things more if I can go slower LOL… Planes and cars. And my wife says I act like a hoodlum when I’m in the Shelby so I don’t get to drive it much haha.

I like to dabble in gunsmithing and have a Bridgeport, surface grinder, and lathe that home and the current project is a Springfield armory M1A national match with the loaded trigger although I’m still working on the trigger to get it down a little lower on the pull. Right now it has an Arken 24x50… Just a cheap scope to get used to the gun and then all step up to a real scope maybe a Leopold but I just want to find a scope that’s made in the United States. I think the Chinese are screwing us from the inside out but it primarily started in the '80s and '90s when our CEOs started offshoring all manufacturing to Asia it really is sad there was no patriotism from our corporate world and our middle class suffered. Anyway not a bourbon guy but I love my tequila :flushed:

1 Like

Man, I just gave away a DLE120 Twin, brand new, still in the box with all the accessories and a 24x7 prop (was going to build a 1/3 scale RC Crop-Duster). Wish I knew about your giant RC addiction a month and a half ago. :crazy_face:

1 Like

@Cletus and @oldcarguy61
Love, love, love those flying machines! I always wanted to be a pilot growing up in Alaska. I actually took “Ground School” as a high school elective. That shows how aviation is really looked at as a common endeavor there. I had intended to take “Air-frame Power plant Mechanic” course as well but graduated early.

Never became one. You can only have so many hobbies.

1 Like

Me to jim, in the early 80s I went as far as being ready to solo and then I just could not picture myself in that plane without the instructor LOL that was my last flight in a full size plane. :rofl:

2 Likes