Z axis bobbs and moves up on its oen and i have seen arching from the contacts

As noted above been working fine then started this out if nowhere thia happened once before the arching wasn’t there I cleaned the contacts and fixed the problem now it’s back and cleaning the brass contacts hasn’t helped i’m at my wits end with the THC wouldn’t bother to much except i’m loaded with work,any new idea’s?

I presume these are the IHS switch contacts you’re mentioning?

What kind of fluid do you use in your water table? Could it be corrosive to brass? Regardless, after cleaning the contacts, put a dab of CorrosionX on them . That will protect them pretty well.

1 Like

Plasma Green

Yes IHS switch

Make sure that the IHS tang isn’t catching on Z axis lead screw. On my XR the tang was bent into z axis lead screw.

1 Like

Thanks I will check that out

All good there.

Cut a few more pieces seems to be only on the outside cuts pierces good cuts good for a couple inches then starts to rise up this 14 ga. and no flex.

how much does it raise up? any chance emi could be the issue?

I didn’t measure it but it looks like close to pierce height, i’ll measure it in the morning and report back.

Maybe a miskey of cut height in your cam? Any recent changes of any kind?

Wiggle your z axis connector at your control box. Unplug it and blow it out.

Went through the test chart all good leads me back to the IHS switch cleaned it ran another couple test cuts same problem,Turn off THC cuts perfect every time.I need to fix this once and for all this is not the first time iv’e had this problem.Went over things again did the flow chart again, ok . Tried a different file that i use all the time inside cut file outside cut completly BUT the tip was dragging the sheet the whole way,checked the code pierce .150 cut .060 fine cut shielded,i’m lost and need to fix this.And the dross on the back is bad.