Y axis stepper driver replacement

Greetings- I’ve just had a y axis controller go bad and looking for a replacement part number. My table is older with the MicroStep driver that is only marked with 9-42 volts on it. I haven’t heard anything back yet from the helpdesk. Is there an Amazon part number that is recommended, or can Langmuir supply a replacement? I have not done any motor driver updates, so these are still the original ones that were supplied with the control box

Thank you in advance

Sorry, I don’t have information about the stepper motor but just making sure that you sent your help request to their email.

1 Like

Search Amazon for TB6600 Stepper controller, you’ll find dozens of choices.

3 Likes

Thank you- Is this the high power driver that others have mentioned switching to?

No, this is the el-cheapo driver used on the original equipment that I thought you were looking for.
The better, quieter, driver that doesn’t randomly fail is a DM542 driver. However, you must change the wiring to the connectors and the DIP switches to get the same output current. Search this forum for DM542 wiring.

2 Likes

thanks- I wasn’t sure which one it was, it’s the el cheapo. I had one overnighted, tried it and was surprised at how the the new one was smaller and a lot hotter, so I also need to clean all of the rails to see if there is any binding.

TomWS- I’ve read your posts- thank you. I ended up ordering 2 DM542 for the y axis on the pro table. As mentioned in other posts, the jog is backwards. I’m thinking about swapping the positions on the A and B windings to restore the jog direction- any ideas ?

Got it working ! - I was able to fix the issue by swapping the positions of the A and B motor connections ( A to B, B to A )