Y axis Servo just buzzes ***SOLVED***

I purchase the THC upgrade for my Gen1 so it was pretty much just swapping out the electronics box to easy. Before doing so my x and y axis worked fine no issues. After I got everthing installed i jogged the Z and X axis with no issies but the Y just buzzed. My system doesnt get used as much as some of you may do so I thought maybe with the humidity we have the motor corroded and froze so I purchased a new servo motor. After replacing the motor it still just buzzes. I thought maybe it was spinning on the threads so I took it off so I could verify if it is spinning and it is not spinning just buzzes.

Here is a video of what I am talking about.

Any help is appreciated.

If you used a good known good motor on it and it does not rotate I would start looking at.

1 The wires and connectors between the driver and the motor.

2 The driver itself.

3 The wiring between the driver and the main board.

The fault will likely lye here.

1 Like

I believe the Gen2 box had an issue with the stepper motor connectors not seating properly. That would also cause the issue.

2 Likes

That’s has come up with the pro quite a few times too, where the cable end wasn’t seated firmly enough.

I’ll edit number 1 two wires and connectors.

I guess on a semantical note we’re talking about stepper motors not servos.

1 Like

Well, it’s more ‘Mechanical’ and 'Electrical’, than it is ‘Semantical’

2 Likes

Thanks @TinWhisperer for a little insight. After reseating some connections I went back over my wiring and found the culprit. I bought some new connectors that required me to rewire them. Looks like I crossed the green and red wire… Swapped them out and back in business.

4 Likes

That’s awesome to hear thank you for the follow-up. If you get a chance you can edit the title with a “(solved)” to help the future people

4 Likes