Y-Axis Binding and Frame Squareness

I began assembling the Pro a week ago. Got it all the way together to what I thought was in tolerance and then after final assembly was having some Intermittent binding of the Y-Axis. I measured it within 1/32 parallel but it did measure over 1/16 out of square corner to corner. I also noticed that even after my final bearing preloading there was a couple spots where both bearings on one side would lose contact with the rail. I ended up stripping the table back down to square it up. I borrowed some 2-4-6 blocks from a machine shop to clamp in the corners to square it up. That brought my corner to corner measurement dead on but I was 1/16 out on the parallel then. That is where I stopped and am currently at a crossroads about where to head now. I had adjusted and readjusted the bearings multiple times when it was together and always ended up with a binding issue when I would come back to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Not sure how you could be square corner to corner but not parallel. Is it possible the tube is a little bent or it’s surface is slightly irregular? Did you measure it in multiple spots? If it were me I’d keep building.

1 Like