Why the Torch rise? - SOLVED 2T/4T setting

Hey everyone,
I’m having a issue with my pro table. The torch is lifting before the torch shuts off. It is intermittent but normally happens when there is a inside line with no lead out. I have tried to set the timing for the torch to pause after a cut witch had helped initially but seems to be still happening. Also I am having the same issue with different material thickness amd design size. I am using fusion for design and sheetcam for post processing.
Is this a problem everyone is having?

: Langmuir pro
: Torch hight control
: razorweld x45
: hand torch
: 10.5 cfm dry dry air

I will let the guys who use ConFusion360 look at this first…buy why both fusion and sheetcam…fusion has the post processor in it.
also…clamped to material for starts?

The reason for running both. Is fusion seems to give me constant issues. Probably due to my lack of training in fusion360. I just use fusion for artwork, sizing and dimension. Then populate all my parts into sheetcam I feel like I get more out of my sheets due to the ease of nesting. And if I don’t use the entire pice of material I can come back to it and add parts and continue from there. Just seems to work for me.

1 Like

graeat answer and clear…maybe one of the razorweld guys can jump in and offer some

If you want upload your dxf, and reply with your material thickness, ipm and i’ll run it through f360 and reply with a ready to cut file. Could help you rule out post?

Mine does the same thing! Blasts a 1/8” hole at the end of every line when it lifts off while still torch on.
Using sheetcam and razorweld 45 as well.

That looks like a bad definition. If you want the heart cut out then you want an outside offset cut with a lead-in & lead-out defined. I’d go with an arc & value of .12" for the length.

If you want the heart to stay in the material then do a no offset cutline definition. Do not use a lead-in or lead-out and reduce your pierce delay.

Thanks for the reply.
Not trying to cut the heart out. Not using any lead in or lead out lines. The pierce divot i am okay with. It is the end of the cut where it blows out the hole due to torch staying lit while lifting off. That is the whole point of this thread

What are your settings in sheetcam? Something is telling the machine to pause there with the torch on.

1 Like

SOLVED!!!
I did some tests adding in a dwell command in the G code after the M5 torch off command. Only to notice the torch didn’t turn off at that command. My razorweld cut 45 plasma was on the wrong trigger setting. So it expecting a tap to turn on and a second tap on the trigger to turn off. Where the controller was sending a hold trigger signal to run and a let off trigger signal to turn off. Push of a button and its fixed now. Pic is of the right mode to be in.
Other pic bottom cut is before when it was blowing out the torch on liftoff. Top is current

1 Like

Weird. Usually it cuts on the rapids when the 2T/4T setting is wrong

1 Like

If the rapid clearance is high then the torch will just blow out.
@Chaunster, Good detective work to find the 4T setting because it’s not the usual pattern.

2 Likes