When do I change consumables?

Running the Crossfire PRO w/R45. Used the included torch for about a week before ordering a machine torch from George (best decision ever) Table is only a couple months old and used for hobby only so not overly used.

I am starting to notice the torch stops firing in the middle of a cut and/or simply not firing to pierce. Reset and continue the cut(s) and normally works so no harm or foul other than delays.

Last night I could not get it to pierce 12ga. mild steel making the same part I have made dozens of times Torch fired ran an inch or two and basically etched have way through before it stopped firing and I reset it. Restarted it from the beginning like I sometimes have to do and still would not pierce. Increased pierce to 1.5 seconds and still nothing.

Pulled the tip apart and nothing seems to be worn and in need of change so put it back together and made a 4th attempt. Nothing.

I have never changed consumables and not sure what should I be looking for and/or what are telltale signs that I am getting close to changing. Guessing that it’s time being I am having trouble but looking for some insight and knowledge.