What type of additives

Im getting a crossfire xr in a few months. What type and brand of additives do you mix with the water on your table?

you can do a search in the top right of your screen, there have been many discussions on it.

1 Like

I don’t use any additives, I got on Amazon and bought some anodized rods. They are used inside water heaters. The ones I got were linked together by a strand of wires. There were 4 rods. I cut the wire and put two of the rods in my water tank. I also bought a PH meter in case the rods didn’t work. If the PH of your water is kept high, like in the 9 range rust should be mitigated. So far, the rods have been working great.

1 Like

I use plasma green 9010, for steel and aluminum. Leaves no residue, no build up or staining. Metal sheets that are left on table don’t rust at all.

2 Likes

How long does it last and how do you dispose of it?

1 Like

I still have 3 gallons left out of 5-gallon jug I bought 3 years back in my crossfire pro.I have an old basketball stand that I drain water table into when done cutting for the day. Then pump back into table when ready to cut. Add a little with water every few months, depends on evaporation of water.

I have a 75-gallon tank under my XR table.

1 Like

Do you keep your shop above freezing in the winter? I know in your part of the world it can get pretty cold in the winter?

I built a woodstove 5 years back. heat shop all winter, burns 24-7.

My garage gets very cold. Will this also keep it from freezing?

let the table freeze…your bigger issue is what the cold does to the electronics and the bearings…
All that happens to frozen water when hot with plasma…it melts…

you could put a oil pan heater on the pan if you want…

3 Likes

I don’t think any of the plasma table fluids prevent freezing. I am just using water so I don’t have any experience using any of them but that is my understanding.

1 Like

Water additive, It will freeze.

What are my options if i wanted to dispose of the water? Recyling center with the city?

Forum ‘wisdom’, if it’s just water and metal, Landscape Plant watering… Better than putting it down a drain.

2 Likes

Disclaimer… im still very new to this… only a year and couple months since having my Pro.

I started adding a cnc table cutting fluid additive from Eastwood Tool Co just a few months ago. Mainly was to help keep the rust and corrostion on the table and slats at bay. Also I drain the water after each days work into a holding tank and that tank has a submersible pump sitting at bottom of it all the time… so my hope is that the pump will last longer with that additive in the water.

Ive noticed a huge difference in the slats not getting oxidized! I hope that means the rest of the table will hold up better as well. I still notice some evaporation from the water. Im sure some evaporates while the table is being used. Also the holding tank opening is about 6" diameter and its wide open all the time being the pump hose comes out of it and the drain pipe of the pans drop through that opening as well. Ive added water but since putting the cutting fluid additive in a few months back ive not added any more.

I pick the large metal pieces out after the pan is drained. Ive only wire wheeled the slats once and that was before using the additive from Eastwood. Each time i refill the table the fluid is nice and green. Im evisioning after the pan is drained and dried after a few days at some point I’ll scrape the bottom out. Far as the holding tank its only big enough to fill the pan… so once the pan is full there is very little left in the holding tank… so when its time to clean that tank out there shouldn’t be much fluid in it to dump anywhere other that what ya use to rinse it clean.

I dont think i will ever dump the entire tank unless i run into some issue or someone here says i need too. Other than add water here and there… if the additive is starting to look diluted at some point ill order more. But im pretty happy with how all has worked so far. … but im no expert… just my 2 cents!

1 Like

Our soil is iron deficient. I noticed that the iron powder I was getting out of the table looked “strangely” similar to the iron chelate I was buying at the local nursery. Been using my water to supplement my flowers and it has been working well so far. Haven’t used it in any fruit trees or vegetables yet.

1 Like