What led to your success with CNC Plasma cutting?

Thank you for the kind words. Your father and I have the same schooling, I was IBM 35 years. I love this stuff, but I also like the technology in my 1925 Model-T too :slight_smile: I learn a ton of plasma process from this forum, I feel like I know just enough to be dangerous, which gives me the desire to learn more and strive to be less dangerous.

2 Likes

will send you a DM so as not to hijack the Langmuir forum or violate rules.

1 Like

No concern from me about the appearance of hijacking since this topic/thread is all about what gives us that spark of excitement of learning and problem solving and trying new things. All good as far as I am concerned.

1 Like

Lou, it’s @ChelanJim 's call, since he’s OP, to let the thread wander. The risk, however is that the thread title loses it’s meaning in that case, so, I’m inclined to encourage a new thread.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification Tom. Understood. And Tom has reminded me of one of my failings “keeping focus on the target.” To be successful with CNC Plasma Cutting, you need focus. Keep track of what you have tried and what you changed. Keep notes.

My biggest problem is figuring out how to use fusion 360 and turn them into G files.

@dankitto Spend a night watching all these videos in the link below. These come from the main page on Langmuir. These are excellent and should teach you the basic stuff. It does get a lot easier the more you design and do in fusion. This is a great forum with lots of very knowledgeable people if you have a issue with something.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/software/fusion

3 Likes

Thanks Don

1 Like