What is the best sub 1000$ plasma cutter for cnc

pressure isn’t really going to help. this is a volume problem. somewhere in your set up is a restriction like the diameter of a hose or clogged filter for example. Imagine a rubber air hose and you’ve got a kink. if the air can only pass the kink slowly then you drop the pressure on the work side of the kink when you use the air and that takes a certain amount of time for the air to fill back up again like filling a car tire. you can have 150lbs in the hose but it takes time to pass through the tire valve.

1 Like

yeah that is why I said its likely this cheap harborfreight dryer … it does seem like there is a limiting volume restriction… thanks for the dissertation - but I majored in engineering……… haven’t had time to cut in the last week - spent last week doing oral surgery.

If your air hose is from harbor freight too, that could be adding to the problem. My newly rebuilt IR impact gun will barely spin on a 25’ long 3/8" hose i got from harbor freight. I switched to a higher quality hose and it works as it should. Harbor freight is cheap for a reason… but you already probably know that too

I have a high quality rubber hose … but a hose can really add only so much friction - unless its kinked… but my hose is definitely not a problem… I can uncouple the hose and use a air nozzle and its got way more air coming than the cutter will ever need.

i have the PrimeWeld Cut60 and its fantastic. Cuts so clean(as clean as my buddies hypertherm), comes with a port for CNC and included a cut reference chart that is spot on.

Yeah , I like my primeweld too. But I seem to have sort out some air flow problems.( betting my harbor freight 7$ dryer). I haven’t had time because I had oral surgery and then allergy to antibiotics… hyped up on roids and antihistamine now… not really conducive to good cutting…

I have a hyp xp 30 and just got an Everlast 60s. The consumables it came with have not lasted at all. I was going to order some shielded tip consumables and see if I have any better luck. So for me I can’t recommend the Everlast due to consumable wear and the cost of new are not cheap. Can someone with Everlast chime in on their tips and how long they last. I blew through 3 tips in 3hrs. On my hypertherm I can cut days on end with same tips. I do production cutting so I can tell pretty fast how long my consumables should last.

60s should come with pt60 torch, So there should be nothing unusual about the consumables. I guess they could be some cheaply made Chinese made ones. get some Italian ones from George and see how that goes. Also, make sure you are not sitting on some low amp ones by mistake - and over amping them. How was the cut when it is working? dross? top spatter? excess heat?

1 Like

I dont have an air dryer on mine and seems to cut fine. Hopefully you get it squared away and it cuts great for you too. I guess that’s the downside with chinese machines, quality control isnt great.

This is something I cut this morning out of 1/4 aluminum that is obviously alittle dirty lol

1 Like

I’m just using the 1.2 tips they came with. I’m assuming they are rated at 60amp bc they came with the machine but I truly don’t know. Cuts are good when its working, that I am happy with. I do feel like something is up with my consumables or something bc it just doens’t seem right to me, they don’t last long at all. Was going to get the shielded tips, but didn’t wanna spend 75$ to hope this machine will work for me. I haven’t heard anything about the consumable wear from most guys, so I didn’t really expect this.

I purchased some Italian tips from a seller on eBay. They seem to work great for me but as far as how long they last, I have nothing to compare them to, to know if they last as long as others or not. I have been able to cut quite a bit out on a single tip though.

glad to hear. I just ordered some today with the shielded tip. Hoping it works out cause they are just about as expensive as hypertherm consumables. on a 12x24 sheet I normally cut, I’ll have around 100 pierces on average, I cut tons of holes. I can cut using same tip for days. With the stock ones everlast came with I ruined 3 in 3hrs. So something isn’t right. So hope these work.

1 Like

I am not an expert on the consumables or even cutting. But from my little empirical experience. I would say that unusual arcing would burn up tips. So, that sort of being ambiguous, check the ground on your torch and check the ground on the plasma cutter, check the ground on your stock and table. - check your torch height… and check your air flow… not sure where else to go with that.

Here are few Best Plasma Cutter Under 1000 for cnc

Personally, That looks like a plug for a backlink - just saying

Is this the Primeweld 60 you all are talking about?
I have Vipercut 30i now and have to upgrade ASAP!
Will this work with the Crossfire table and the Crossfire PRO table? I plan on upgrading my table soon, but need a new torch now…
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fp%2F12031072845

Yes, that is the Primeweld Cut60, IPT60 torch, CNC ready, built in water/filter with auto drain. I wouldn’t say its the best, but its a great plasma cutter for the money.

1 Like

I have one and its been working great so far with the hand torch. I’m gonna upgrade to the machine torch once I get the CF Pro.

1 Like

Going to buy it tonight I have been through one vipercut 30 I already and the second one just took a crap today tired of it

for anyone that has this Primeweld Cut 60 handheld torch can on their Crossfire, What consumables are you using? I want to buy some tonight when I buy the torch so I have them