What are you using to hangup the plasma art

I’ve made a few pieces and was wondering what creative types are using to hang up their art. What I would really like is something I could weld onto the back that would allow it to be hung in different structures.
thanks

I use a variety of standard picture hangers - heavy duty sawtooth or tabs with rings. I get them at Home Depot & I spot weld them before sandblasting & finishing. Quick & sturdy. I usually go with ones that are oversized for the weight of the piece just for insurance :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

James
Thanks for the tip I did find some super heavy duty ones I can order they will go up to 250 lbs

Or you could design some and cut them out on a plasma table :joy:
Many if my customers use 3m super 2 sided tape. Works great if you are mounting the item to a flat surface.

1 Like

How Are you mounting sawtooth picture hangers to the back of steel plate? Are you welding them on? All of the picture hanging parts I see at home store Lowe’s is made for nailing into a piece of wood

Standard steel or brass plated hangers. I spot weld them on using an inexpensive spot welder from Harbor Freight. Just about all I use it for in fact :slightly_smiling_face:

The front side of the piece initially shows the weld spot but it cleans up easily either with a grinder/flap disk or bead blasting.

Can you post a pic of that?
Thanks
Bob

Of a piece with a spot welded hanger?

yes,

(I need to write 20 extra characters so that’s what this is)

I haven’t done too much wall art - but I did do a few small pieces for myself where - I just hung them on nails. np - Larger pieces I was just planning on leaving a few small holes for screws… that should allow for fastening to any substrate other than a layered piece… in that latter event, I do like the spot weld idea.

So I received my mounts and I also made a couple, thanks again for the suggestions.

1 Like

Here’s an art piece I just bead blasted but didn’t paint.

And the back with the bracket.

Dross & rust. Can you tell this was a practice piece? :grin:

2 Likes

Thats exactly what I thought you did, but was not sure it would work. Nice piece.
Thanks
Bob

I’ve also used the larger brass plated ones. There’s plenty of room on the hanger outside the holes in them intended for nails in a normal installation to get the tips of the spot welder in.

You’ll see the weld spot on the front but once you clean off the mill scale or blast it, the discoloration is removed so it’s a clean surface for finishing.