Went from great to not so great!

The Harley sign turned out fantastic but the welcome sign is trash! I can see a bunch of my mistakes and learned a lot on more detailed art. This is what NOT to do! :joy: enjoy a good laugh on me!

3 Likes

Hey Joe! That Harley sign looks great! Yeah the more intricate signs can be a pain but that doesn’t look too bad at all. It’s a learning process and it looks like you’ve learned a lot! :+1:

Happy New Year to you!!

Bob

1 Like

Thanks Bob! If you look close at the welcome sign it has so much wrong! :rofl:

Ah sure there’s a few spots where maybe things didn’t quite go as planned and they’re obvious to you :laughing: but I bet you most folks wouldn’t even notice them. They’d just say wow!!

I was experimenting and had one that I wasn’t super happy with a while ago and somebody picked it up from where it was sitting and said “Hey that’s cool! How much do you want for it?” so I guess it couldn’t have been that bad! :rofl:

1 Like

:joy:well maybe I’ll keep, someone might want it! :+1:

1 Like

Hey Joe… (Oooh, there’s a song there)…

But, back to my comment!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Harley sign!! You should be very proud of yourself… BTW—>Orange Metalcast correct?

Well it depends what era could be “hey joe where’d you get the pretty girly” :rofl:

Thank you! Yes it is orange metal cast, awesome stuff but hard to paint with!

Where have I heard that before? :man_shrugging:

@Joe103 Pretty much everything on your welcome sign is easily fixable, but I’d start by orienting it so you don’t have to lie on your side to read it. That really doesn’t convey a ‘welcome’…

Good work!

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I’m polish we do things a little different! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We are our own harshest critics. We see what we wanted to make but didn’t quite achieve. Others see what is and know they couldn’t do even that.

3 Likes

Can you go into a bit more detail on the finish? I’m not familiar with “Metalcast”. Oops, never mind, it’s a Duplicolor product. I’ll have to check into that, I like the look.

Hey Brad, yes it is duplicolor metal cast paint. Very transparent, temperamental to paint with, but looks fantastic! Also really hard to find!

Love the look, I’m definitely going to give it a try. Appreciate the info.

The only place around these parts, ( Oklahoma) to get it is O’Reilly Auto. But someone posted that Duplicolor will sell direct in something like $500.00 amounts. At $12-$ 15 per can retail, it’s not really that large of an order. But then, there’s automotive candy paint and some sexy translucent powders to consider once the plasma addiction is in full swing. :rofl:

1 Like

Hey Keith, I was able to order some at our local Riley too. I just spent a grand on steel so I have to buy can by can now! :joy::joy::joy: this is a very expensive hobby! My wife is a photographer and that too is very expensive. I guess we’re spending our kids Inheritance! :joy::joy::joy::+1:

I don’t remember who recommended it, but I started ordering MetalCast from JBTools.com. very good prices!