Water table slat heights issues

i also have problem with the slats being hi and lo
i clamped 2x2 square tube on both ends holding the slats down

even with slats clamped if i put level on the table i have hi/lo spots

Slat holders are are problem
As well as the slats…

Hammer :hammer:. Mine to get the torch to travel full length of table without hitting…
Grind the slats .

Hammer grind
Hammer grind

If you look careful at the slats you can see where they are distorted a little caused from them being sheared. All is did is hit the cupped edge with a flap wheel grinder just where they set into the seat holders and they drop right in.

2 Likes

I was thought I understood that the replacement water-tables were to be stainless steel. Anybody know what happen?

Got mine last week and it was made of stainless

Fair warning, after removing and replacing your slats a few times to clean them even with car the holders will get bent and it will be difficult to get them flat again.

The best option is to utilize the crossfire to create a better slat holder.

Unfortunately the machine is very low cost, and as such Langmuir has to do their best to provide function while maintaining the niche category they’ve essentially created of a consumer priced CNC machine. And after all that they still need to turn a profit. They’re not a charity they’re a business.

I’ve gotten enough use out of my machine already to cover the cost of it. I’m making moves now to upgrade the entire thing to a new heavier frame with a heavier slat holder.

The machine has its drawbacks, the flimsy slat holder being one of them but it’s easily fixed and improved upon on your own.

Stainless water table that size?
$$$$$$