Water table is garbage

I’m checking that tomorrow, been going back and forth with Cam via email

While on the topic, has there ever been an explanation as to why the XR drain design really only drains the outer two trays, leaving the inner two trays full up to the sealing flange height? The inner two trays do not have drain holes or plugs provided.

I am going with a simple drain system like NTDRacing uses. One day I may upgrade to a tank based system.

No explanation, but I’ve become an expert on draining it now. Aquarium type pump has worked good. To completely get it dry I’ve had to use a shop vac. Needless to say I think it’s a terrible design, if it’s this way to save on shipping I completely disagree. Should be the customers choice, I’d gladly pay additional shipping for a 2 piece design.

I’d say the two center panels should have drains as well. Preferably, they would include a simple solution like NTD Racing’s solution which would allow drain and fill easily while not breaking the bank. As it is, it is not really a workable solution as you point out. Its odd to me given how nice the rest of the XR is.

It’s not hard to add drains to pans, use the search tool and will give plenty of ideas of what others have done.
When I receive my XR I will add the drains, and a 75-gallon tank for reservoir.
Pull up your big boy pants and stop the whining…

3 Likes

Is it 4200 or 5200? Not all marine sealants are the same…and some are silicone based.

Rat, not whining. Giving feedback. If you like the setup, say so. If not, say so, Get your panties out of a twist and stop your whining about my whining!

Neither of the 3M products. We ship either Loctite PL Marine or GOOP Marine adhesive. Both work extremely well-- similar to 4200 in performance.

2 Likes

What I did when I put mine together was I drilled out the holes and put 1/4 stainless steel bolts in with washers and locking nuts. Used the sealant and have never had a problem.

1 Like

Good article:

1 Like