Water table fluid

I need to learn how to mod the post processor for fire control to do that.

Looking at the FireControl 1.5 sheetcam post processor it already raises the Z 1 inch after a cut (if you have both Pierce and Cut heights set to non-zero values). Note that it does this AFTER the end of cut delay.

sorry for more questions about this…i have looked at Amazon for the Nitrite…they have 2lb food grade (pic) for $21.18 and

which says used in manufacturing…but then there is a 4oz fine granular one for $19…I’m not being picky about price, but wonder if the 4oz one is not like the other…also found a bagged one pound says Chemically pure for $16.99 …so the “type” is what i am making sure with you on what i need. SX342 nothing on amazon says Anti-rust additive…thank you in advance!

You want to get reagent grade, pure Sodium Nitrite, with no additives and, if you’re going to get more than 4 ounces, get it in a container that’s resealable because that’s all you’ll use for a long while.

I got this one as well. I like that it said “Food Grade” made importation so much easier! :rofl:
At first they sent the wrong thing (Potassium Hydroxide). Paid a lot to clear it and dispose of it and it gave the lady a bad skin rash, when messing with it, necessitating a trip to the ER.

thank for the heads up…I checked we got the Food Grade…wowl….don’t need a trip to the ER at this point…

1 Like

I make a ton of sausage, smoked fish and jerky so i always have a bag of pink curing salts on hand. But ive only used borax in my table water. Ive tried different things but it always turns to a red rusty mess no matter.

1 Like

So, does the Borax work well?

looks like it was brought up from the Titanic

Did you test the pH?

No, i havent rested it. My water is already between 7 and 8 from the well.

Certainly does have a lot of “character” to it :rofl:

I used Borax for a year on my Crossfire OG with stainless tray. I never got mold or bugs in the tray but the general condition of the water and slats looked like @Dirty_Bill 's table. I used SterlingCool Plasma Cut in my current table and the water doesn’t discolor while just sitting and the slats don’t rust. It’s like $150 for 5 gallons shipped but at 20:1 it’ll treat 100 gallons of water.

1 Like

Just cut some stainless steel slats :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Why has no one done this yet? Stainless steel slats would be a great option upgrade from LS

2 Likes

hey Tom…we are ready to make the solution, but the Nitrite is powder and the other two are liquid…so dumb question…so do i have to add water into the gallon jug to mix the ingredients? the recipe way above says 1/4lb Nitrite (which is only 4oz), 1 tsp physan 20, 1 oz blue …thats not going to mix like a liquid by itself to put in a gallon container. help…Lisa

That’s how I mixed it. Seems to work just fine.

Yes, you mix it with 75 oz of water so you end up with a solution that will make 75 gals of fluid at 1oz solution to 1Gal water.

1 Like

Thank you!