Water pan rainbows and pin holes

Making little rainbows today. My attempt at tigging my pan halves together. I’m finding pin holes in the corners where it was factory welded, disappointment for sure so now I’m rewelding the corners. I hate shit dripping on the garage floor so if your anal about that stuff as well I’d recommend checking the corner welds for pin holes.

I did the same to mine…but when welding I had about a 1/4" of water in the pans to prevent any type of warping…then I filled them up a bit and ran a compressed air line from below along the seam to locate any leaks…then redid those seams…

your looks nice…very nice

1 Like

Looks like you ground the bolt slots into V’s like I did before welding. Makes it a ton easier.

I wasn’t overly impressed with the factory corner welds either. Definitely done to a price point and not for aesthetics.

1 Like

Well you were supposed to seal the corners with that tube of silicone they included. It was in the manual. :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t need to, mine is welded water tight.

2 Likes

i warped the shit out of my pans, but i Tigged them on the underside and used filler. should have just fused them on the top. but Whiskey and my lack of patience got the best of me…

1 Like