Unable to connect to machine

I have a weird issue. I downloaded the new 21.1.1, now my machine wont connect to the laptop. I brought the control box in the house and hooked it to my desktop computer I use for gaming and everything worked perfectly. I had to download the compatibility version of fire control, the download said it wasn’t compatible. I feel like I have a driver or software issue. I have done all of the driver updates that I can find. I’ve uninstalled and installed numerous times. No Change. I have a job that I need to get done and cannot due to another technical issue. I’m gonna take my desktop out to my shop tomorrow just so I can get some parts cut out. Im able to pull the program up on my laptop, nothing will show any color like the machine is disconnected, but it does show a drop down box to the right of the machine tab. when I click it, crossfire() shows up but that is all. Im irritated with these little issues. I can use the machine perfectly at times, but when I need it to make money I cant.

Did you ever get this resolved? I’m having the same issue.

Have you done any troubleshooting to try resolve your problem yet?

Which Crossfire do you have ? Pro?

Have you tried a different USB port?

Different USB cable?

Different computer?

No, Sadly I lost interest in trying to fix it and life got in the way. I have tried everything that I can think of, even with the help of the Forum. I guess what I will have to use another PC or either use my other cutter when I wanna use THC.

Crossfire Pro, using a MacBook Pro laptop. This setup worked for me fine the week before, but this time it wouldn’t connect to the machine. I tried different USB ports, USB cables (Long and short, making sure they had the ferrite choke on them). I ended up taking my gaming PC out to the shop and hooking it up. That finally worked. So I got the job done, just not the way I wanted. I don’t want that PC in the shop, way too much metal dust to deal with and have a possibility of messing it up.

I would try to erase an update both fire control and/or the USB drivers.
See if a fresh install helps with the issue you’re having with your apple computer.

1 Like

What year is the MacBook and what OS version do you have? I recently ran into this issue. My solution ended up being using an older version of Firecontrol 20.6.

I have a new Macbook with an M1 chip it runs latest version of Firecontrol no problem. My 2019 with an intel does not run the newest version of FC. Still waiting for Langmuir to get back to me about it.

1 Like

That’s exactly the problem, mines a 2019, and I remember I did the update after I used it last week. I’ll uninstall and go back to the previous version and try it out. Thanks for the help.

1 Like