Twitch (and youtube) Live Streams CAD CAM

Thanks, I can weld but not like him. I am more normal skilled level welder.

Here’s some closer pics.

3 Likes

That is masterful welding.

I wanted to ask a question of how the notch (circled below) played a part of this project. Is the tube smaller in diameter on that end?
BracketsTin1

1 Like

good spot. there was going to be two different sizes. 1.5" sch 40 and 2" sch 40 but it ended up being all 2" so both patterns were the same.

1 Like

Another stream at 7:30am pst .

We are going to make a cut file for a couple 1/4" aluminum gussets and a bumped form 1/8" sheet metal visor for a canopy rack.

Here is all the client information I have to work with.

Lets make some code !

I’ll log into the discord server too.

Added during live stream.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Here’s a follow-up on the headache rack for a Toyota canopy.

IMG_20230316_123945
IMG_20230316_123950
IMG_20230316_124038
IMG_20230316_124044
IMG_20230316_124020
IMG_20230316_124010
IMG_20230316_124346
IMG_20230316_124401
IMG_20230316_124358

Customer is happy and ready to take it on some lightweight adventures.

3 Likes

I was going to say “Great rack” but that sounds a bit sexist! But I have to say what is in my heart to be true: Great rack!!

3 Likes

My partners at the gallery want some more summer shapes.

Quail and fox Garden stakes.

I am going to put together a a nest with fusion 360 to cut later this week.

I’ll also hop on the discord server.

Watch along if you like. Starting a 545am pst

2 Likes

Finishing this quail family

not done yet. only had a small window to do this this morning and Fusion wasn’t happy with albatross sketch i am making in fusion. I’ll try again later today.

Update. it did load through about a minute after i stopped the stream.

2 Likes

I like the grass and the background grass. Great instructional video again.

And your ability to roll with the punches is unique: “And it lost all of that, Awesome!” I might be paraphrasing.

Moral of that story: After you have spent considerable time, SAVE!

2 Likes

I am going to try a bit of a different format today.
Less instructional, more freeform , Closer view of Fusion.
Muted mic no narration just some copyright free back ground music .

Menus wont show in windowed mode.

A background that is easier on the eyes.

Reworking this collapsible camp stove.

going to make a tea and start in a few minutes

730 ish am pst…

I hope to cut a new version soon . I’ll post it here when i do .

2 Likes

I am going to try a bit of a different format again today.

Less instructional, more freeform , Closer view of Fusion.

Muted mic no narration just some copyright free back ground music .

Menus wont show in windowed mode.

A background that is easier on the eyes.

Reworking this collapsible camp stove some more.

Starting a 5 am April 17

Twitch Muted some of my copyright free music for “Audio for portions of this video has been muted as it appears to contain copyrighted content owned or controlled by a third party.” :man_shrugging:t2:

you can the sections that were muted in red along the timeline at the bottom.

2 Likes

Copywrite zealots are not always right. I know someone who does a lot of posting on YouTube that gets tagged all the time for using copywrite music. The things is: he is using music from the Baroque era and takes the actual midi notes and puts it through his own computer to generate the sound. He records that and then attaches to his videos. He seems to have a good legal understanding of it.

He states that the musical composition is public domain so it does not fall under the law and the “performance” is done by his computer and that is not covered under the copywrite laws. When he points that out, they have no out but to remove their claim that he violated copywrite laws. He states that no matter where a performance is done, there are a lot of individuals just itching to make claims of wrong doing so they pull the trigger often without any evidence.

1 Like

YouTube however has another out. They will demonetize or remove videos their algorithm determines infringes copyrights. You can object and present your case and they will remove the sanction. However, they will also remove your channel if they decide you object too much even if you prevail in your objections. Apparently they don’t like people making them do work to validate their algorithms. Classic Catch-22.

1 Like

Interesting!

The individual I speak of would not be concerned about any demonetizing since his videos are basically videos for group members of his church organization. He is not really trying for any wider reach.

In this stream I will use a customer provide paper template to create a CAD file for this part.

3 Likes

A quick video going over some of the section process and how the selection acts different depending on how you use it .

selection tools

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this! I had no idea there were so many selection options available in those drop-down menus. Being able to turn off or select only bodies ect. is awesome!

3 Likes

you are welcomeAnd remember the Escape button it is the most underrated and most important button in fusion 360.

If you look at my keystrokes down below there’s probably no other button I hit more maybe shift.

4 Likes

I have been using the Tecknet mouse and apparently they are not supporting it with remapping of the button functions. (Plus I got a nag message from Microsoft that said my system is no longer meeting the minimum requirements for running Windows 11…so maybe I have bigger problems).

Anywho, I found a great software for free that “went where others dare not tread” and allowed me to remap one of my side buttons for [ESC]. (Whining from me: That is just a long reach up there to that key. You ‘bots’ have those lightening fast movements and inhuman reach capabilities.) There are a number of those helper programs out there but this one worked wonderfully.