Torch only firing once per job

Ok, sent a message to Razorweld support and they said it might be an issue with the torch. Sounds like they’re sending a replacement, so I’ll give another update after that.

Your G4 p1.0 Should be P0.1 I don’t know if that’s gonna make a difference or not. what font is the t i’d like to reprogram it

Just curious since I have no experience, but have you tried running anything other than the t. that you have been running? Any other g-code operation?

is the G4 P(X) is this the pierce delay? I have not received my table yet but viewing my G code I had G4 P0.5 I assumed that to be the 0.5 Pierce delay. from the Crossfire Assembly Manual instructions.

1. Change the ‘Pierce delay’ value to 0.5 seconds. The pierce delay value controls how long the motion will pause after the torch fires so that the plasma jet has a chance to fully pierce the material. The value you select will depend on your plasma cutter.

Code sample

N10 G90
N15 G70

(2D Profile2)
N20 G0 X2.415 Y1.195
N25 M3
N30 G4 P0.5
N35 G3 X2.54 Y1.07 I0.125 J0. F35.
N40 G3 Y2.01 I0. J0.47
N45 G3 Y1.07 I0. J-0.47
N50 M5

N55 G0 X2.665 Y-0.115
N60 M3
N65 G4 P0.5
N70 G3 X2.54 Y0.01 I-0.125 J0. F35.
N75 G1 X0.04
N80 G2 X0.01 Y0.04 I0. J0.03
N85 G1 Y2.04
N90 G2 X1.04 Y3.07 I1.03 J0.
N95 G1 X4.04
N100 G2 X5.07 Y2.04 I0. J-1.03
N105 G1 Y0.04
N110 G2 X5.04 Y0.01 I-0.03 J0.
N115 G1 X2.54
N120 M5

N125 M30

1 Like

Yes, I think “G4 P1.” is the pierce delay. From observation, it’s definitely higher than necessary (I set it to 1 second in Fusion), but I read a suggested range of 0.5 - 1 seconds somewhere and went with the higher end of the range. I’ll go ahead and try changing it to a lower number since it seems like the 1 second delay generates a malformed decimal number. (It does seem to pause for 1 second on those lines whether or not the torch is arcing though.)

I haven’t tried anything other than the T yet, but I’ll also give that a try. I assume anything with a single arc firing would work fine.

And @rkartman45 I don’t have a font for the T. I just downloaded the sample DXF file from the Langmuir Systems website and scaled it down for these test cuts. Perhaps they could tell us the font name (it looks like they may have also used it in the “Garden Art Sign.”

http://www.langmuirsystems.com/projects/custom-letter-logo

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

1 Like

Ok, I think I finally figured out the root of the problem.

Shortening the pierce delay didn’t fix things, but with some manual testing I realized that my torch just won’t successfully create an arc if the air is flowing. It works at the first start since it seems like the air starts simultaneously, but not on subsequent cuts. Manual piercing tests with the air flowing and not confirmed this.

As a workaround, I manually added delays of a few seconds after every cut in the G-code so the plasma cutter had enough time to shut off the air flow before starting the next pierce. After making this change, the part cuts successfully. It doesn’t sound like this should normally be necessary.

@langmuir-daniel I’ll also check with Razorweld, but is this definitely indicative of a problem with the torch, or could this be a problem with the plasma cutter itself?

1 Like

Great job troubleshooting this issue on your own. I can’t say if its a torch issue or an issue with the power supply, but it’s definitely one or the other.

Hi @Brent, have you had any further correspondence with Razorweld? Another customer is facing the same problem with their Vipercut 30

Having same issues, I do not want to add delays into the g-code, specially running production or multiple cutouts. My delays would be 10+ seconds each…

@langmuir-daniel I got a response to my first message to Razorweld saying that they suspected that the swirl ring issue may have been related to a short and that they’d send a replacement torch. I haven’t heard back since sending them my address. I did follow up a day later with the additional details about the (I guess unintentional) post-flow issue, but haven’t gotten a response to that inquiry yet. I’ll follow up again on both.

I assumed that the machine had some sort of post-flow delay like a welder. I’m seeing delays closer to 4 second at the end of a single cut. If the crossfire triggers another firing, the flow continues (with no arc) but it generally shuts down within a few seconds of the final M5 command for me. Having read about blowback starts since my last post, this behavior makes more sense now.

Yeah i believe there is some type of issue going on with the plasma cutter power supply because the vipercut 30 does not have postflow. Even if it did (like the 45 does) it should still fire when commanded; interrupting the postflow.

Ok, I finally called Razorweld/Jasic yesterday. Sounds like they’re going to be switching out the unit I have for one that should work. Mailing it back today.

1 Like

That’s great to hear, Brent. Please let us know how the replacement unit works for you.

Did you get your unit working. I have the same issue with the 30. I’ve been watching and following but no new information for over 2 months.

Hi, check out this thread. It discusses how to solve the problem: Having torch firing issues

Like the other linked posts mention, I had the same issue and removing the capacitor fixed the issue! I have a razorweld 30 and they said it was a post flow feature which makes since why removing it makes it work on demand now. Hope you get it fixed as well.

1 Like

I did get mine working. They sent me a brand new unit of the latest model because the old model I sent back had more issues when I got it back then when I sent it :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Removing the capacitor fixed it.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Just curious, is the capacitor only on the vipercut 30’s or is it on the 45’s as well?

My vipercut 30 is doing the same thing. I’ll try the capacitor and check the electrode. hopefully that will work.