Torch not staying lit on recut

I have had an occasional issue where the torch lifts and goes off so Fire Control stops and trows an error. It allows me to restart the cut but it resets to the previous vector position. If the move is more than an inch or two the torch cuts out and of course Firecontrol fails again so I can not get through the cut move and continue to finish the job. Additionally the THC tends to lift the Z as it approaches dross from the previous failed cut then as it comes off the dross the torch is so high it is not cutting, the arc breaks, and again Firecontrol stops. I can’t knock off the dross in fear of moving the material. If I turn off THC as the head moves around the uneven material it either lifts or runs into the material over distance.
Any tips or tricks to resolve this and not blow an expensive 1/2" piece of steel?

What are you using to Post your program? I may be able to show you a way to cheat. I do it with Fusion 360 Post and have done it with other programs too! In the Fusion Post G-Code there are notations to direct FireControl to start each new Profile. You can start a line where there is this code (2D Profile_), _ is where Fusion places a Profile number. The number doesn’t seem to matter as long as there is a number. Copy your program, delete all un-needed information before the line where FireControl stops. You will need the information at the beginning that sets up the torch so do not delete this information.
G90 G94
G17
G20
H0

(2D Profile1)
G0 X______Y______ Enter the start line here. The torch will start here,
G92 Z0.
G38.2 Z-5. F100.
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.2
G38.2 Z-5. F10.
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.04 (IHS Springback + Backlash)
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.15 (Pierce Height)
M3
G4 P0.6
G0 Z0.063 (Cut Height)
H1

Now the next line should be the first line where you want the torch to cut.
I do not know which Post Processor you are using but you should be able to modify your program to do what you want in any Processor. Do a little experimenting with your program of a different program and some less expensive material. Make sure to COPY your program or have a back up. You do not want to destroy the original program…

Thank you. I will certainly give this a try. I do use Fusion 360 for the majority of my work.
I was hoping there would be a way to do this in Firecontrol or perhaps a future version could have a feature where it keeps the torch lit on the first profile after a failed restart.

Thanks