Torch not firing automatically

I tried emailing Langmuir to resolve this problem. Unfortunately they seem to have no sense of urgency in helping me resolve my problem. perhaps one of my fellow fabricators can help me troubleshoot this so i can run off some parts for my customers. I have my 2x2 crossfire hooked up to an HTP Microcut 875. I wired the torch control to pins 3 and 4. I am using the mach 3 post processor in fusion 360. The problem im having is the torch does not fire when I run a G-code file. It will fire manually when I press F5 However when i run the G-Code It only tracks the pattern and does not fire automatically. Below i have attached! my ports and pins settings as well as some examples of G-code i tried to run. PLEASE HELP. This was a big investment for my small shop and its imperative i get this table running soon.

Your attachments are missing.

I can understand that…

Open your GCode file & look to see if there are any M3 and M5 codes. Let me know if there are.

You could also attach your GCode file for us to help you troubleshoot. I expect that’s where your problem lies.

If F5 is firing your torch, then it is definitely a G code issue as @jamesdhatch is suggesting.

I’m thinking either he’s not picking a torch operation or he wasn’t using the correct post processor.

I’m new to this hole thing but I’m having the same issues with my torch firing and then not firing I have the 4x4 table with the razorweld 45 that is crossfire compatible. I cut out a small part and everything went good except one cut didn’t shut off in time and left a line were it crossed to cut out the next piece. So I reset the machine back up and went to cut it out again and it fired on the first cut then ran through the rest of the codes without firing have tried other parts and still the same thing. even fired once and got stuck on and ruined the consumables. the torch works fine manually. and I did look there’s M05 and M03 in the g codes any help would be much appreciated. emailed Langmuir today also. also it was the F bomb file of the Langmuir shared files that I was using put it though sheetcam then to mach3

Rule number one: Don’t ever trust downloaded files!
If it’s the F-Bomb file I downloaded from Fireshare, that thing is full of errors (disconnects, overlapping lines, scaling all wrong).
Rule number two: Get your system working with something simple, like a square within a square. Understand what the different CAM parameters do and how to debug simple cuts. Also learn how to recognize errors in a file and learn how to fix them.

Then, once you think you’ve got it under control, do some serious meditation and re-think that thought.

Finally, start tackling more interesting projects, like the kind of stuff you got the CF to do, and go forth and have a blast!

PS: ALWAYS come here if you have a question. You’ll get lots of help and they won’t all be dumb-a$$ed like this one!

1 Like

Ok will try that I will try to do a cut out of a square with some holes in it or something simple like that then go from there. so you believe it was the file and the g-codes that were causing my issues with the torch. Thanks for the quick response very much appreciated this is all new been trying to learn it but there is a lot of different opinions on how to do thing out there.

Oh gosh no! There are LOTS of reasons that could happen, but, baby steps first. Learn how to cut some really simple stuff then once you have a hang of it, and that includes designing an object and processing it with a CAM tool like SheetCam or Fusion, and learn what works and what doesn’t. Open contours and overlaps should be immediately obvious with these tools (the exact cause might not be, but that there IS a problem will be). Learn to recognize that. Then, once you have that knowledge, you’ll be able to download files, load them into your CAM tool and see whether it needs work. If it does need work, but you don’t know how to fix it, then bring it here. LOTS of folks here who can help you with that.

ok thanks again will try something simple tomorrow and go from there hopefully it goes better.

Great attitude Trent!!

Thanks Bill