Torch not cutting off

I am sure it is something I have set wrong.

Can you post your program? Is your plasma cutter set to 2T?

Having the same issue…

Same question for you - is your cutter set to 2T? It’s probably set to 4T and once you flip the switch to 2T you’ll be fine.

1 Like

You were correct. Problem solved.

1 Like

Excellent! Go cut stuff :grin:

I just made my first 4 test cuts, I am using a HF 45a Plasma Cutter (NO 2-4T switch) it looks like the torch is delayed maybe .5 sec. it continues to burn on the run to the beginning of the next cut. Initially it also appeared to be delayed when piercing but extending the pierce time from 0.7 to 1.0 sec has fixed that. I am controlling with FireControl.

After posting these pics, I spent the evening thinking about this…I found that two things which I think will fix my issue, 1) I will add a 0.2 in overcut (this should keep the torch on the cut line, 2) I will add a 1 sec. pause at the end of the cut before the move…this is the plan for tomorrow morning.

I set up this 2x4 inch test card to dial in my CrossFire, the holes on the right are 1/2 and 1/4 inch, the other running cuts were only to examine the appearance of the cut. After 9 tries I think I achieved acceptable results with my Harbor Freight 45A on 20 gauge stock. I measured the kerf width at 0.025, pearce time is 0.9 sec, overcut is set at 0.25, lead in and out at 0.1. Measurement of the holes and exterior of the card are with in 0.01 of an inch.

I am happy with the results, and I hope this helps other newbee’s like me.

2 Likes