Tool path help/suggestions

I have created a sketch on inkscape and made it into a svg. I then inserted it into Fusion but the tool path is not working correctly. On the geometry tab it let’s me put the arrows but I can not tell if it’s in the inside of the letter or outside. When I click on the arrow it just moves. When I go to simulate it cuts something totally different.

Any suggestions?

Can you post the SVG?

Dorado Lane

I got it to work, but I had to scale the SVG up by 2x which yielded a ~2.3"x8.4" overall dimension. The letters were still too small to have a lead-in/lead-out, so I had to go with no lead-in and no lead-out with 0.0" pierce clearance. This will leave pierce marks on the cut line.

Scaling up larger will allow more room for a lead-in if you want to avoid the pierce marks.

1 Like

Ernesto,
Thanks for posting… If you take a look at your simulation, you can see that the lead-ins and lead-outs are both on the outside of your letters. I’d go back in there and click on each arrow in order to change the direction…reprocess… then, go back to simulation and see if that changes things for you…

2 Likes

Thank you for the tips and help! I am still trying to do my first cut… The reason it was small was because I am just using a small piece of scrap. Just itching to do my first cut.