The motion command has an invalid target. G2,G3, and G38.2

Langumir PRO
Razorweld45, machine torch
Sheetcam 6.0.30
Firecontrol 20.4
Post Porcessor 1.5

I am doing a cutout of a 40 ford. I have about 10 lines that are on the line cuts. I run post processor, all good, I simulate, all good, I down load to fire control and I get the following messageCross%20fire%20error

So I narrowed it down to just one line, specified no offset and ran post processor, tried to load it in crossfire, same error.

Did some searching and and found some topics related to fusion and it says, Basically, the start and endpoints don’t line up to the last decimal, and GRBL doesn’t like that. Something to do with the post processor not liking it, and autodesk fixed the post processor in their case.

Could I be running into the same with the 1.5 crossfire post processor

thx
les

Can you share your file that you’re putting in sheetcam?

Sharing the G-Code file would probably be more informative. I don’t think SheetCam would output garbage without error messages or unless the wrong postprocessor is used.

I have attached the g-code output

40-Taxi.tap (1.5 KB)

What I did to try and narrow down the issue was to do juts a single line, and still had the issue.

Eddie Taxi.dxf (2.4 MB)

I also added the DXF just in case you need it

thx
les

I had the same error on 2 files today. Haven’t seen anything like this posted before. Mine was on some small circles. It will be interesting to see if anyone has any insight.

Hmmm…loaded the tap file in https://ncviewer.com/ - it’s a 2kb file with 68 lines. Looks messed up and incomplete.

Imported the DFX into sheet cam and generated a new gcode file - 77kb with 3,592 lines, no issues. Looks fine in https://ncviewer.com/ - ready to cut.

My guess is that something is not right with your tool settings and contours in Sheetcam - lead ins and/or offsets or something like that. I’d double check all settings and regenerate the g-code / post- it should be around 3500 lines…

Edit: here’s the post I generated from sheetcam if you want to use it: Eddie Taxi.tap (76.1 KB)

Good luck!

1 Like

Or the post processor. I’d delete the current one and reload the one off Langmuir’s website. And then be sure Sheetcam is setup to use it under the machine options.

1 Like

In another thread, @Greg9504 came up with a good suggestion: Zip up the .job file and post it. That way we can check all the operation settings. I couldn’t run postprocess since I don’t have that post processor installed, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the issue is with the settings.

1 Like

All, I think I figured it out. I started working with just a single line. If I draw a straight line, circle, box with the tool in corel/vcarve and run it through sheetcam, it works fine. Now if I do a free line draw it creates all these node points at every turn I click the mouse so I end up with a line with many nodes(adjustment points) and with no end points. It seems on importing the downloaded dxf, corel/vcarve assigns these node point on all curves. Only those that are closed work, open does not.

I know I have done this before, so guessing its a stetting somewhere that got toggled and did not notice.

I used the ncviewer James mentioned above to prove my theory above

thoughts
thx, les

1 Like

All, I think I figured it out. I started working with just a single line. If I draw a straight line, circle, box with the tool in corel/vcarve and run it through sheetcam, it works fine. Now if I do a free line draw it creates all these node points at every turn I click the mouse so I end up with a line with many nodes(adjustment points) and with no end points. It seems on importing the downloaded dxf, corel/vcarve assigns these node point on all curves. Only those that are closed work, open does not.

I know I have done this before, so guessing its a stetting somewhere that got toggled and did not notice.

I used the ncviewer James mentioned above to prove my theory above

James, what did you use to get a successful job process

thx, les

I really didn’t do anything special. I just loaded the DFX into sheetcam, assigned a tool for the cut path and hit post process to generate the output (tap file) I posted above. The DFX file loaded fine. I don’t use Corel/vcarve, so sorry - I won’t be alot of help there.

Cheers!

I have narrowed it down to being a sheetcam issue. I downloaded the development version and ran the test line in the NC Viewer and came out clean. Not sure where in the released version of sheetcam from a configuration would cause the conflict with segmented vectors. I tried uninstalling, removing all files/folders and reinstall and no luck, uninstall does not remove everything, windows10 holds on to things like license and my default setup.

I opened up a help request on sheetcam, hopefully will get an answer

I post a solution once I find it

Problem solved. In sheetcam under operation setup I had defined an overcut of .015 This is good when doing a closed segment like, circle-square or random shape where the end cut is ending at the start cut. So setting the overcut to “0” all is good.

Response on sheetcam form, this is a bug and fixed in development release and will be fixed in next release.

Thanks to everyone here for the guidance and ideas to narrow down the issue

James, the NC Viewer is great, its in my list of tools now

thx
les