After working through a few problems I had my Crossfire XL running well sans Plasma Cutter. This morning I hooked up the RW 45 CNC and did a manual test fire which indicated the ports were not reversed on my machine. I nested the enlarged laptop stand with a single grinder holder and the MT60 mount with Deepnest.IO and post processed with Sheetcam. I loaded the program and with great trepidation hit “Start”. What occurred next was several minutes of bliss as the torch cut through the 0.125" cold rolled steel without a hiccup. I will have to hit the parts with a wheel to clean them up a bit but the dross was minimal. I was surprised at how dirty the coolant got with cutting one sheet (2’x3’). I cleaned the pan but next time will plan 5 or 6 sheets at the same time.
I learned several things with this first cut; a 5HP 30 Gal compressor is boarderline at best and I wish I had have gotten a larger compressor. When this one wears out I will get a 60 or 80 gallon compressor.
A section of screen needs to be placed over the drain to keep large pieces of dross from clogging the drain valve, it’s a PITA to have to clear debris to drain the pan.
All in all I am pleased to have worked through the bugs (with the help of Langmuir and several on this Forum) and to have a successful first run!!! Looking forward to many more.