Speeds and feeds for Razorweld Razorcut45

Hi all -

I’m super new to the Crossfire (I got the xl with the water table) and the Razorweld Razorcut 45 (and plasma cutting in general). The papers I got with the Razorweld machine are pretty, uh, unhelpful (maybe I didn’t get it all?). I’m itching to make my first set of cuts, but now I’m scouring these forums for details.

I’m trying to learn if there’s a table somewhere that has a listing of material/material thicknesses and:
PSI of air to be used
IPM
Torch height shim used

And much like any CNC guidebook, I understand these would be suggestions more than rules (within reason).

I’m betting I’ve failed to locate said table here on the site.

Forgive me being a noob.

Yeah it’s pinned as a top topic when you look at all the forum categories.

2 Likes

Arg - yeah, I did find that, I’m a bit confused trying to interpret it.

For example, there are 5 entries for .125" thick material - some are labeled as hot rolled steel, some have no description. There’s also a bunch of sheets that are blank that left me with the impression this wasn’t the most up to date/used spreadsheet.

I guess it’s as good as any as a starting place - is it possible for me to post back my findings so we can make it more complete? I’ll read through that thread and bookmark that spreadsheet.

Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction and going easy on the NFG :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, it’s up to date. The key parameters are feed rate, pierce delay and amps. A lot of it is specifying the material and variant of it, gauge, thickness in inch and mm cause we are all using something different at time. Focus on speed amps and pierce delay, thickness and material and you’re at a good starting point.

1 Like

I have the same machine. I’ve been using it for a while so I have my settings dialed in for the material use. I found it easier to follow the hypertherm 45 guide settings and tweak from there.

I don’t have a link to hand but a google search should locate the PDF that maybe easier to understand. Set your base parameters (speed and pierce delay) in the tap file and when cutting test pieces you can increases or decrease your speed in Fire control and change your pierce delay. Once you are happy, save that tool setting in your cam software and build your tool box.

Now I have a tool box with all different thickness of materials and different cutting amps (feed rates) so I can do fine cut if the piece needs it.