[SOLVED] XR is cutting shapes where it is not supposed to

Hey guys,

I have an issue where my XR is cutting shapes where it is not supposed to. The problem appears on longer more complex cuts, which has me thinking it’s an alignment issue. For example yesterday, I was cutting big 40’’ circles and the start/finish points were 1/8" off on some of them. Today, things got wonky (pictured)
I can run the break-in program no sweat at 400ipm. I’m using inkscape+sheet cam. Not sure how to troubleshoot from here

Nice sign! Sorry I cant offer any suggestion as I dont have my XR yet. But, I was looking at your sign and was thinking that if you cut some small holes in the letters and other cutouts of the sign, you could take the cutouts and screw them to a base board (metal or wood) and make a second sign out of them. Just thinking out loud :slight_smile:

Hope you figure it out.

could you have have a collision that slightly moved the sheet?

I see a tip up right where the trouble begins .

check to make sure the big nut on your stepper motor isn"t loose

1 Like

The lead screw on the x gantry had some slippage causing the lost motion. It was an easy fix tightening the Allen head at the end of the lead screw. I read that you should not be able to turn them by hand, otherwise they’re too loose and this can happen!

Solved

1 Like