SOLVED - Jogging Crossfire Pro

Finally got to point wher I could jog machine. Zeroed both axis and tightened up lead screw. Machine bound up in z axis. Found out my lead screw was broken…
Has anyone else had this happen?
Before I tightened the lead screw everything was loose and moved good.
Any help appreciated

send an email to the support line…they should be able to help you

I did send an e- mail. Waiting for a response. They have always taken care of issues and I expect to get taken care of. Thanks

I found during assembly that my X axis lead nut was broken. I found a previous post where @langmuir-daniel suggested that the user continue with the assembly and try running it so that’s what I did. My machine still operated fine with the broken nut and was able to run the break in program.

I emailed support Sunday night and had a response from @langmuir-aksel by Monday afternoon and shipping notice by Tuesday night.

Obviously a broken lead screw is a different animal but in my experience they will take care of you.

As @toolboy said email support, they are helpful and prompt. The sooner you reach out to them the sooner they can get you taken care of.

Good luck

Erik

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I was jogging it for the first time and noticed the x axis was locking up when I tried to jog the x and y axis. It was locking up on the x axis and I noticed the bolt had broken the ear off. Those bolts are too tight on that Bakelite material. They should rethink that design on the bracket that holds it.
My x and y axis ran good until I tightened up x axis bolts. Y axis runs goods .
I am still very new to this CNC stuff.
Maybe some day I will get to cut something.LOL!!

I received an email from tech support yesterday and my replacement part is on the way. This is a great company to deal with.
If the people that are still trying to decide to buy a plasma table, get off the fence and get your credit card out. Lol!! . Buy from Langmuir

1 Like

this is good to hear…
I bought my table in the first release of the Pro…and I did have a few hiccups and Langmuir was outstanding in solving them…andI have been problem free for well over a year now…

My new lead screw will be here at my house in Oklahoma today. That is fast service from Langmuir. They are a great company to deal with.
I haven’t even got to fire my machine up yet. Lol!!
I received it in the first week of Nov.
May get to run break in program this week​:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

you can change to topic title to solved…