Sheetcam Set up issues

I have the old crossfire small table, does not have Z axises, I bought the sheetcam to make g-code files, and I cannot get the files to run with my Mach3 program. I have been working on this since January 1st and my plasma is still down.
Does anyone know how to set it up, so I can make .tap files with sheetcam that open and run in Mach3.

Any help will be GREATLY Appreciated.

Hey… Metalworks thanks for posting…

So, a couple of things could be going on… Let’s see if we can get to the bottom of this…
A couple of questions:

Have you installed the “Full Versions” of each Sheetcam and Mach3?
Are you able to output a “TAP” file from Sheetcam at all?
If so, can you post it here? (Add “.dxf” to the end of the filename in order to upload)
Have you installed the files for Mach3 from the Langmuir downloads page?

Check here----> Downloads | Langmuir Systems

In setting up Sheetcam you want to select post processor of “Mach3 - No Z” or something to that effect(It’s included with Sheetcam–You just need to pick the correct one)… There are a few other post processors floating around and available that will address the milliseconds bug within Mach3… If you’d like to read ahead, check out this thread… —> Mach3 post processor to use with sheetcam

2 Likes

Thank you for helping me, I did download and install the full versions. My plasma was working with the fusion 360, but I thought I could do better with sheetcam. I bought the full version with the license and so far now I can’t get the plasma to move nor do I get the picture in the right hand corner. But, I didn’t select the Mach3 no z. I did select Mach3 and it didn’t do anything. So I contacted Sheetcam and was told to select firecontrol v6.1. So yes I need help… I attached the 2 files .tap and the drawing.time outv2.tap (21.3 KB) time out - Copy.dxf (220.0 KB)

Hope I uploaded this right

When did you purchase your table?

When Mach3 starts do you see this?

And when Mach3 is running do you see down in the bottom right of the window?

So Mach3 did run OK when you were posting from Fusion360? You could JOG the torch and everything else? You’ve cut files successfully in the past?

So, after looking at the TAP file you posted above, I think this is one that’s created using the post processor for FireControl and not Mach3… In Sheetcam you need to go to OPTIONS/MACHINE/POST PROCESSOR/ and choose the “Mach3 plasma no Z” for post processor…

1 Like

I just changed the post processor like you mentioned to Mach3 no z, and just tried it and everything worked WONDERFULLY… I cannot thank you enough. Out of all the people from Sheetcam and Langmuir support for a month could not solve this problem. I just have to readjust my speed control on my tools.
THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

Hey that’s great to hear…!!! Anytime!

Still curious if you’d been able to cut things in the past and once switching to Sheetcam, you started having problems… Or if this is all brand new We’d all love to see a few cuts when you get 'er rippin!!

Not sure if you covered the milliseconds thing I mentioned above but, it’s worth a read through and we can tackle that at another time if you start having issues!!

Never hesitate to get out here and ask questions!!

1 Like

Yes, it was cutting okay before with the fusion 360, but I thought I could get more detail designs using the sheetCam program. But we are thinking that we need some smaller size tips to hold detail. I think we are using an .8 or .9 tips. They worked great when cutting out parts and handles for part carts, but now my customer wants metal signs for the company to mount instead of paper signs, and some employees wants personal signs like the one I sent to you.

OH BOY!!! That’s how it all starts!! LOL Good for you!
Sounds like it’s time to run a few tests…!

1 Like