Sheet cam to firecontrol

When I try to load a tap file from sheetcam I am getting this message
No program speed found
This program will not be loaded. Please make sure you are using the latest Langmnir Systems approve post processor

Does the .tap file have any content?
Has the post processor been installed properly AND selected in your job/machine setup?
Finally, did you add a plasma/jet operation to the job before you selected the postprocess button?

You can post the SheetCam .job file here if you either put it in a ZIP file or if you add a .DXF suffix to the filename. We can take a look at and undoubtedly find what’s wrong :slightly_smiling_face:

I think my problem is my processor isnt properly installed

Download the .scpost file referenced here:
https://www.langmuirsystems.com/downloads
Downloads section, SheetCam selection
FireControl-v1.6.scpost
And copy it to:
C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\SheetCam TNG\posts

Then, in Sheetcam, under Options->Post processor tab, click on the Post Processor listbox, find Firecontrol… and select that, Done.

5 Likes

Im still having the same issue. The only place in Options I could find to load the post processor was Options>Machine>Post Processor

Im still having the same issue. The only place in Options I could find to load the post processor was Options>Machine>Post Processor

You have the correct post processor selected. Something else is wrong that won’t let the post processor run.

I don’t know what that is, but Sheetcam has a forum where you can ask the creator of the program for help.

1 Like

As @ds690 says, the postprocessor setup is fine. Post your .job file (may have to zip it up to post it) and I’ll look at it.

I had to choose a layer in Sheetcam and when I did Firecontrol loaded it up. I tried a dry run and it worked but seemed my feed rate was too slow. Now I need to figure out how to set that for cutting 14 ga

Feed rate is set in the tool.

what would a good feed rate be to just do a dry run. This is the first time running any kind of part

You don’t want to set a feed rate just for dry runs. Set up the tool to cut the metal you want to cut. Otherwise, you’ll have to change the tool and post process it again…

I cut 14ga steel at 35 amps and 120 IPM.

1 Like

Thank you for the info. I was doing a dry run just to see if the software and table were all working together as they should.

1 Like

I had the same problem using the free trial version.