Sheet Cam Issues

My IHC and THC will not work. I cannot move the Torch Hight manually, and it doesn’t move when I start a cut. This is my first attempt with my new Crossfire, so I’m sure it’s something simple. I checked connections and everything seems secure, so I assume it must be something to do with my Sheet Cam settings. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Shaun and thanks for posting… Sounds like you’ve completed checking cabling and that all looks good… Wouldn’t hurt to quickly check again…!

• So, one of the next things to check would be whether you have a USB connection between the computer and the table’s control box. Is the green “connected” indicator lit in the upper right hand corner of the Fire Control screen?

• Is the control box itself powered up?

• And is the power supply inside the control box switched to the correct voltage 120v or 220v?

BTW, is it only the Z-axis that will not move for you…? If so, these other items probably will not need to be checked…

These are some easy things to check before we get more involved…

I cheated and search this forum relating to your question and found this one by @ds690… I think they are valid things to check on…

1 Like

There are no settings in CAM that will prevent you from jogging the Z axis from Firecontrol. If the other axis’ jog, but the Z won’t move, check to see if the motor is turning. A few people have reported that the coupler between the motor and lead screw was not tight on their Z axis. This will allow the motor to spin, but the lead screw doesn’t turn.

If the motor is not turning when you jog it, the first thing to check is the connector to the Z axis stepper motor driver on the control box. Loosen the screws and push the connector fully into the socket. The connector screws could be too long and pushing the connector out when they are tightened all the way.

The next thing to check would be that the Z axis stepper motor driver is receiving power from the power supply. You’ll have to open the control box and look for the LED power indicator on the driver.

That did it. It was a loose coupling. Now I’m having trouble getting the torch in the correct initial hight.

you have to lower the torch more in the torch holder. you are triggering the ihs switch before the torch touches the material.

Thanks. That was it. Now the torch doesn’t fire. Dry run works fine. Torch indicator at bottom left is orange.

The “expected condition” for the IHS is the switch closed. That error usually means that the switch is open. It could be because the Z axis is already at the bottom of it’s travel or a wire is unhooked somewhere between the IHS switch on the Z axis and the control box.

There is an IHS indicator near the bottom of the Firecontrol screen. If that indicator is green, the switch is open or a wire is not connected.

It’s showing 300V any time the cutter is powered on.

That sounds like something is wired incorrectly. It should show zero volts until the cutter fires. What plasma cutter are you using?

Razorcut 45

Are you using the Divided Voltage cable that came with the Razorcut, or did you make your own (DIV or RAW) cable?

The one that came with it

did you get it to fire? that should be your first concern. then we can work on the voltage issue.

I haven’t got it to fire yet. I had swapped the Divided Input and Outputs when trying to diagnose a previous problem. They were correct before, meaning they were incorrect when it was showing 300 Volts. I switched them back. My understanding of the directions was that the pigtail wasn’t necessary because the Rasorweld cutter was purchased with the machine. Something tells me I am missing a step here. What is incorrect/missing in the pic?

post a pic on how you have everything plugged in so far. from cutter to VIM to control box.

Throw that coiled airline in the garbage and get the plasma cutter away from Eletronic’s box. Airline is not providing enough air to plasma cutter, and you are probably getting electrical interference from plasma cutter being next to ecteronic box which neither is going to help you have successful cut results.

4 Likes