Scaling AFTER setting up operations

Little brain dead today… I sorta THINK this has been asked but didn’t find it in a search. Is it possible AFTER importing an SVG as a part and assigning all the layers and such to THEN change the scale? I got all the way through and discovered that some parts wo’t cut. I am lazy enough that I don’t want to go back to Inkscape and change it then go through all the stuff again if I can just tweak the job/part to 110% or so.

In fusion 360 you could definitely go back in your history and change the scale setting. Then because it’s parametric modeling it will update that change to all the history right up to manufacturing.

I am not certain whether sheetCAM can do this or not.

And fire control can scale drawings but I don’t think that’s going to help you in your situation because you’re still developing cam

I don’t think there is any way to scale in Sheetcam, except at the time you import the drawing.

I’m curious as to why you are assigning things to different layers. Most jobs will cut fine with a single layer. If you select “outside offset” in your operation, it will automatically assign the correct offsets to your contours. This only works if there are no errors in your drawing that would make it impossible for Sheetcam to determine if something should have an inside, outside or no offset.

You can easily see which offsets would be assigned when you import your drawing. Red lines are outside offset, yellow lines are inside offset and white lines are open paths, which get assigned “no offset” unless you choose a different offset.

It can be done in sheetcam. When I get home I will look can’t remember exactly where it was at

In sheet cam where it says parts right click on part name you want to scale then select scale

2 Likes

Thanks Phillip!

Glad to help. Still learning myself

You should be able to re-import the part, and have it save all of your operations. Just click the part, drop down the file tab, import, make sure same file is selected, and change the scale. I have done this a few times after nesting up a whole sheet, found that I needed to do a quick edit in Inkscape, and then re imported it.

1 Like