Rw45 skips cuts

basic fusion 360, mach 3, rw45. I’ve had this for a few years, as of late, I’ll press start and it goes to first cut. It may cut or may not. The air is blowing, but no spark. Reset line, it fires and cuts. It finishes that cut than moves to next cut, may fire may not. It triggers the air, but no spark. 95 % of the time it will fire when i reset start from this line and press start in mach3. New consumables from langmuir. 100 plus psi out of compressor. No water coming out of the water separators. Clean ground clamps.

Is this a new program that is failing or an existing program that has cut well in the past?

What is your pierce delay set for?

Any warning lights active on your plasma before you reset it?

take the protective cup off the torch…look at the electrode…see if it pushes in and out easily like a plunger…spring in and out…sounds like it might be sticking…you may have a warped head.

1 Like

I had one of those once…
Had it straightened out… I’m much nicer now…

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Rw45 skips cuts:

ALL NEW PROGRAMS. I DIDN’T THINK TO TRY CUTTING AN OLD ONE. HADN’T NOTICED ANY WARNING LIGHTS. PIERCE DELAY IS SET @ 1 SECOND. USUALLY I HAVE MUCH LESS, BUT 1 GIVES ME ENOUGH TIME TO CATCH THE LINE NUMBER SO I CAN RESET IT. THANK YOU!

When I put the new electrode in, it moved freely. I will take another look when i get home.
thanks

post one of these programs that failed .

maybe try an old program.

Not to sound dumber than I already am, how do I post a program here. I’m sure I would figure it out, if you could give me a little advice, that would be great. Thanks again!!

@tedward1929 the upload button is here

2 Likes

Fancy teacher with fancy visual displays. You are having a good day aren’t you Mr. TinWhisperer!

2 Likes

HUNT.tap (120.0 KB)